Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things that made me smile today!
Well of course my son and this is have lunch day with him at school. But I had a little bonus today. I responded to a post about someone dealing with depression and how it can rule your life sometimes and I got a PM from 2 different DC members offering kind words, support and a shoulder if needed.
I just wanted to thank those 2 DC members for their kind words of encouragement. You both gave me a little added lift and a smile to my day.

It looks really good Stacy! Now how about a pictue of the haircut from the front?!

:)Barbara
how about from the side:LOL:
Feels so different! My hair is really fine anyway, but, I didn't realize the weight of it until it was gone.

Attachments

• 100_2301.jpg
    100_2301.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 169
how about from the side:LOL:
Feels so different! My hair is really fine anyway, but, I didn't realize the weight of it until it was gone.

texasgirl, your doing just the opposite of what I'm doing. I use to have super short hair where they used electric clippers on the back. Two years ago I decided it made my head look too small because I have wide shoulders so I started growing it out. It's about half way down my back now. I also stopped coloring it. Last time my son counted (bless his heart) I have about 43 gray hairs.

texasgirl, your doing just the opposite of what I'm doing. I use to have super short hair where they used electric clippers on the back. Two years ago I decided it made my head look too small because I have wide shoulders so I started growing it out. It's about half way down my back now. I also stopped coloring it. Last time my son counted (bless his heart) I have about 43 gray hairs.

Well, if my head is the only thing I can get to look small, I will take it:LOL:
It will match my feet, lol

I want my head to look bigger so my body will look smaller. Although I did lose 150 lbs. so far this year.

Lose 5 gain 3, lose 4 gain 5, lose 7 gain 6 and so on and so on. I figured if I add up all that I lose it's about 150 lbs.

It made me smile to think of that first time washing your hair after getting a haircut. It is such a weird feeling! Combing it the first time too!

:)Barbara

Stop that sister,
you're looking good. I like the hair, it's as I remember from a long ago picture of you and one of the boys at his graduation..See I knew ya when:LOL:
kades

last night, the commute home was a nightmare. there was a hazmat situation in the lincoln tunnel, so it took me 3 hours to get home on the bus. the first half of which i had to stand, trying not to jam my butt into seated people's faces as the bus jerked along, 10 feet at a time.

but when i got home, my son had gone around the house and collected a bunch of loose change, as much as his little hands could hold. he gave it to me to pay for parking so i wouldn't have to take the bus, thus getting home faster.

you couldn't ask for a better son.

Talking to Barb L. on the phone.
She wants to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.
She wants you all to know that she's just prayed for her DC'ers.
She says she is doing well. Sounds strong.
Talking to her, she is sweet as can be and it brought tears and smiles to this face of mine. I am pleased to speak with her and know her feelings about all of this.
Some people are so amazing. She is one of them.

Thank you LEFSE, you are such a dear for prayer and follow-up. I am glad she is sounding strong, but I know she still needs all of our support. Is there anything else we can do?

My smile came this morning when I was getting up to get some breakfast. DH said, he had it covered and that I could go to the computer but then back to bed. He knew I had a bad night and it is a special day and so I am being waited on all day.

Thank you LEFSE, you are such a dear for prayer and follow-up. I am glad she is sounding strong, but I know she still needs all of our support. Is there anything else we can do?
Laurie, just to please continue to pray for her. Her return to the hospital is Monday, so if you could keep her in prayer that day, it'd be great.
She thanks all for support.........

yesterday I had Cade and Carson with me after school, we went to Ethan and Olivias home so the kids could play..We stayed for dinner and it was so much fun...My kids surprised me, they hear more than we realize. Cade says out of the blue, Ma can we say grace before we eat..I looked at my daughter and she nodded yes so we told him of course..He thank the Lord and then said please God watch over Ma's friend Barb. I tell you I was so surprised I started to cry..but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised, just very happy. All four of the kids said yes, Ma's friend..smiled at each other and started their dinner..I had a lot to smile about last night and it's carried over to today..
kadesma:)

yesterday I had Cade and Carson with me after school, we went to Ethan and Olivias home so the kids could play..We stayed for dinner and it was so much fun...My kids surprised me, they hear more than we realize. Cade says out of the blue, Ma can we say grace before we eat..I looked at my daughter and she nodded yes so we told him of course..He thank the Lord and then said please God watch over Ma's friend Barb. I tell you I was so surprised I started to cry..but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised, just very happy. All four of the kids said yes, Ma's friend..smiled at each other and started their dinner..I had a lot to smile about last night and it's carried over to today..
kadesma:)

Why would you be surprised over something like? Look at who they have as a roll model? You're a wonderful lady, therefore, wonderful kids too!!

Back
Top Bottom