Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This Flying Remote-Controlled Dragon Actually Breathes Fire

original.jpg

That looks so cool :)

You now have me beat in the Grandchild department. Congratulations!

I have you both beat. I have 17. And that includes 6 great grand kids. I have a great granddaughter that is old enough to make me a great-great grandmother if she doesn't stay out of trouble. My oldest grandchild in 35. No kids for him yet. Youngest gchild will be three July 7th. Quite a spread. :angel:

I have you both beat. I have 17. And that includes 6 great grand kids. I have a great granddaughter that is old enough to make me a great-great grandmother if she doesn't stay out of trouble. My oldest grandchild in 35. No kids for him yet. Youngest gchild will be three July 7th. Quite a spread. :angel:

You got started a couple of years before I did...:angel:

My maternal grandmother had you all beat. Last time I counted (while she was still alive) there were 36. Of course, she had 12 kids who reached adulthood.

My best friend's son just turned 17. I have been a part of this young guy's life since he was 6 months old. He has gone through the stages of "no I love your cakes but it is kind of juvenile now that I am a teenager" and "I still think of you as my second Mom in private but I will ignore you around my friends".

Well, yesterday I finally was able to get him his birthday gift 3 weeks late via his Mom. All we gave him was a card and a Starbuck's gift card for $16.50 (an inside joke that I always mention on his birthday that I have known him for 6 months less than his age).

My smile came when he called last night to thank me for hemming his shorts and for the gift! We actually TALKED! He told me he loved the amount and it was good to have a card so he could take his friends for coffee and hang out! We chatted for about 15 minutes with him volunteering that he did really good on his report card (6 A's and 2 B's) and inviting me to their soccer game tonight - a playoff semi-final.

The biggest smile was as we said goodbye and he said "Thanks again MLo I am really happy you have been part of my life". MLo is a phrase the youth group coined for me short for Mother Laurie (not to be confused with JLo ;)).

Very cool Laurie.
Thanks, TL! Without kids of my own I live vicariously through the lives of all my friends' children! :)

Which reminds me of the smile previous - I got to hold a 10 day old baby who is 6 weeks premature and doing marvelous! His Mom, one of the girls I have mentored over the years put him in my arms and said "this is your Grandma". Okay, smiles and tears of joy! :wub:

Awww. I loved reading all the grandchildren stories - brought a smile to my face. :)

My two daughters have pretty much bombarded me with grandchildren all at once. :) 3 years ago I had none, now I have 5 and another on the way. I inherited two precious little grands when my youngest daughter married, he has 2 from a previous marriage. The next year, both my daughters were pregnant at the same time so my 2 youngest grands (almost 2 years old now) are only a few weeks apart in age. Oldest daughter had another one since then, and is now expecting her third. Youngest daughter is done. haha.

Both daughters waited until they were married and could afford kids, I am so very thankful for that. :angel: lol

Awww. I loved reading all the grandchildren stories - brought a smile to my face. :)

My two daughters have pretty much bombarded me with grandchildren all at once. :) 3 years ago I had none, now I have 5 and another on the way. I inherited two precious little grands when my youngest daughter married, he has 2 from a previous marriage. The next year, both my daughters were pregnant at the same time so my 2 youngest grands (almost 2 years old now) are only a few weeks apart in age. Oldest daughter had another one since then, and is now expecting her third. Youngest daughter is done. haha.

Both daughters waited until they were married and could afford kids, I am so very thankful for that. :angel: lol

your smiles have brought a smile to my face too....

I was listening to oldies comedy on Pandora radio on the computer while I boxed things up at school. Abbot & Costello's who's on first routine came on. I couldn't work for laughing. I don't know how many hundred times I've heard it but it always cracks me up.

I need a new thing to make me smile, ripping tape off of Shrek is getting old.

But, and a big smile here...his wound is healing very well with lots of new skin and tissue growth.

I was listening to oldies comedy on Pandora radio on the computer while I boxed things up at school. Abbot & Costello's who's on first routine came on. I couldn't work for laughing. I don't know how many hundred times I've heard it but it always cracks me up.
That is a great memory of my childhood. My best friend's Dad (and mine too) loved that routine and I hung out at their house a lot (and my friend at ours so we just called each others' parents Mom and Dad) and we would all get into the Who's on First Skit. We would roar with laughter. Both Dads knew the whole routine by heart!

Thanks, Cindercat for the memory!:)

The last thing that made me smile was seeing our Lemon Curd Tart work out perfectly :chef:

I will take some photos soon and put them on to show you all :yum:

Back
Top Bottom