"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 01-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #3021
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecook View Post
Having my kids and grandkids here to help me celebrate my birthday. Life is good!! I feel loved.

Barb
I am so glad you had a great day, Barb! You really deserve it!!!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 AM   #3022
Chef Extraordinaire

Spending the weekend with Cade and Ethan,getting special hugs and kisses from them last night..We had such a wonderful time..My Cade held my hand til he fell asleep, Ethan place his hands on the sides of my face, put his little nose on mine gave me a kiss and said love you ma...No that is the best sleeping pill in the world...Carson and Olivia sat beside me at dinner each doing things to get attention..Carson asked when he could spend the ight..Answer soon, very soon..I'm one happy Ma tonight
kades

Old 01-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #3023
Certified Cake Maniac

Kades, I think I will sleep better after reading that! I am so happy you are blessed with such wonderful grandkids!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #3024
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Aww cj, that's wonderful!

I'm smiling because of an email I got today. Do you remember me mentioning the cute young couple from Germany that we met on the boat tour in Manhattan? Our camera battery had died, and we pointed out the moon over the Brooklyn Bridge--it was beautiful. They took a picture of it, and we asked them to send us a copy. I got an email from them today. They had computer problems and weren't able to write before, but they sent us that picture, as well as some others of New York, and of their village in Germany. I invited them to check out DC (we told everyone on our trip about it), so hopefully they will join us.

Barbara
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #3025
Master Chef

What a nice couple, Barbs..............you meet some really nice people when you travel
Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #3026
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
PLease keep in mind that I love my husband...and I love my friends... and I love my life...

But...after having people here since wed. and being busy... I'M ALONE!!! AND IT FEELS GOOD! QUIET IS NICE! ( i'm sure i'll miss Paul in 20 minutes, lololol but for now, it's nice)
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #3027
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
PLease keep in mind that I love my husband...and I love my friends... and I love my life...

But...after having people here since wed. and being busy... I'M ALONE!!! AND IT FEELS GOOD! QUIET IS NICE! ( i'm sure i'll miss Paul in 20 minutes, lololol but for now, it's nice)
Don't feel guilty about that Trish..I know that feeling so well..Those half hours or even a weekend alone are our way of rebuilding so we can share our lives with love not resentment..We treasure a hot bubble bath alone no kids banging on the door..That luch with a girl friend..I find when they are over I'm looking forward to seeing DH and getting a hug and kiss and one of his constant questions..They might irritate me, but by golly they are mine!!! Enjoy and rest Trish you will feel so good later
kades
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #3028
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Don't feel guilty about that Trish..I know that feeling so well..Those half hours or even a weekend alone are our way of rebuilding so we can share our lives with love not resentment..We treasure a hot bubble bath alone no kids banging on the door..That luch with a girl friend..I find when they are over I'm looking forward to seeing DH and getting a hug and kiss and one of his constant questions..They might irritate me, but by golly they are mine!!! Enjoy and rest Trish you will feel so good later
kades
Kades... you should write a book of wisdome!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #3029
Certified Cake Maniac

I have three smiles now!

I was happy spending the whole morning (smile number 1) with Tony going to doctors, shopping, making lunch together and then working out a plan to get ready for our carpets FINALLY being installed on Thursday (yay, smile number two). But when he left it was really nice to just sit down and regroup to figure out how I will do my stuff in my own way . Then he called me 7 times in the next twenty minutes just to ask if he should wait for the prescriptions as he had time before going to work, then to tell me he WAS waiting, then did we need anything at Costco, next "they have such and such", he was leaving Costco, then did I want to pick out hardwood samples for him to look at tomorrow and finally that he was at work and got everything.

My last smile is that Trish was happy to be alone and was sure in 20 minutes she would miss Paul. Tony never gives me a chance to miss him ....but that's okay too!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #3030
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Kades... you should write a book of wisdome!
I second that one for sure!!!!!

« Finally | - »