Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love wind chimes! They tend to disappear around here, I guess others don't like them as much as I do.:LOL:

Kinda like Weber grills disappear? Maybe others like them too much!

Those are cool, Katie! I love chimes too.

Last edited:
They sound great! I've been stopping myself from buying another set of the BIG ones. I have no place inside to hang them.

They sound great! I've been stopping myself from buying another set of the BIG ones. I have no place inside to hang them.

Ours stay outside all the time. Glenn's put them up on a hook in the outside corner of the back porch, just off our bedroom. They're in a protected area so the UV won't be too harmful to the cording. The porch also has a very, very high ceiling so they are also out of the way of people and other things such as our small tractor and the 4-wheeler. It's a BIG back porch. About 14-16 feet wide by about 60 feet long.

Since the chimes are so near our bedroom, I love to drift off to sleep at night as they "sing" me to sleep. Soooooo restful.

Roland rolls his eyes every time we walk by a wind chimes display because he knows I'm going to have to go over and get them all started chiming to see what the sound like. I love the wooden and bamboo chimes, the hollow metal chimes with a wooden clacker, the solid metal chimes with the metal clacker. Pretty much all of them. They're just pretty.

When Poo bought his home, I bought him a beautiful set of wind chimes from Romania. That is where his wife is from. They hang on his front porch and sound so beautiful. For their house warming party I bought a typical New England Pineapple Door knocker. :angel:

Wondering around Wally World today I came across some Cracker Jack. I thought "Cracker Jack.....really???" I haven't seen that since I was a kid. I grabbed a box and gave it a shake like the commercials back in the day and chowed down.
Happy times.

Mrs Dawg thought I had lost it.

My sister is 1 and 1/2 years younger than me but we look alike. Yesterday we went to their place. My niece is only 1 year and 7 months old, she had mistaken me as her mom, she was babling mam mam mam and came to me and then sit on my lap. (although my daughter got angry, she was yelling she to her cousin, " you are a small baby and you don't know anything, she is not your mom, she is my mom", yet she herself done this when she was around 2 years old.)

My sister is 1 and 1/2 years younger than me but we look alike. Yesterday we went to their place. My niece is only 1 year and 7 months old, she had mistaken me as her mom, she was babling mam mam mam and came to me and then sit on my lap. (although my daughter got angry, she was yelling she to her cousin, " you are a small baby and you don't know anything, she is not your mom, she is my mom", yet she herself done this when she was around 2 years old.)

:LOL: Little kids are so funny!

Wondering around Wally World today I came across some Cracker Jack. I thought "Cracker Jack.....really???" I haven't seen that since I was a kid. I grabbed a box and gave it a shake like the commercials back in the day and chowed down.
Happy times.

Mrs Dawg thought I had lost it.

As long as you got the prize in the box!

I'm smiling ear-to-ear with a few tears streaming my cheeks. All happy.

I just went out back to hang some laundry on the line and I was greeted by the most beautiful bell-like sound and realized that Glenn had rehung our Corinthian Bells wind chimes. They'd been down for a while and I just love the sounds they make. So melodious and gentle.....
Wind Chimes eh? Hmmmm.......Not A Fan. Sorry! Although I must admit something: our neighbor-from-hell had hung a chime from their back house wall plant bracket, right off their deck. When I first saw them I thought "glad I'm not in the back of the house that much" but, thank goodness, these are rather pleasant. Would not like to listen to them as I drift off to sleep though, since I like to sleep, as Himself puts it, in a cave. Dark + cool + quiet.

Every time someone mentions wind chimes I think of this song by Christine Lavin. It is Christine singing - apparently she is at a goodbye concert for a fellow touring folk singer who is hanging up the travelling guitar: Wind Chimes for Rosalie Sorrels by Christine Lavin - YouTube

PS: When you hear a lot of wind chimes sounding Christine is actually hanging them on the head of her guitar! :LOL:

In spite of the fact that I darn near went into cardiac arrest, I was smiling at the end of yet another Indians' walk-off homerun win. It's quite an exciting baseball season for this long-time fan. :)

DA was smiling to me as I helped her to her bed. She said, "I love you Cat, you are a good girl."

I said, "I love you too, Aunty. Thank you."

Oh I do love her!

Your friend,
~Cat

When my daughter called and asked us to watch Olivia and Ethan for the weekend . I can hardly wait. How we love these two. :)
kades

I'm happy for you kades! Enjoy your time with the littles.

Our daughter gave me a quick call tonight. Just a little venting from one frustrated Girl Scout leader to a former leader. When she said she felt better after talking it made my heart smile big! Sure wished we could have had that talk over a cup of hot chocolate thought. Or, maybe, a glass of wine. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom