Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on the way to dinner tonight, dw kept questioning my boy about what he was doing with his wallet, grilling him about what happened to the change he had leftover from the school book fair that afternoon. he was obviously lying to us, but i didn't want it to ruin dinner so i intervened and accepted his excuse that the change was in his room, or on the table in the living room, or whatever he kept changing his story to.

during dinner, he pulled out a gift for us for our anniversary. it was a folded note (which you could tell had earlier been a paper aeroplane, lol) from him to us telling us how much he loved us and how happy he was that we are a family, and there were 2 $5 bills in it as gifts, one for each of us.

i'm still smiling. i have to think of some way of framing the note and the $$.

It has always been obvious to all of us the special feelings and relationship you have had over the years with your son. Specially when it came to coaching his baseball team. You are one special father. And you son knows it. :angel:

Awww, bucky...your post made me smile. What a great kid you've got there!

And Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Bucky!

Last edited:
on the way to dinner tonight, dw kept questioning my boy about what he was doing with his wallet, grilling him about what happened to the change he had leftover from the school book fair that afternoon. he was obviously lying to us, but i didn't want it to ruin dinner so i intervened and accepted his excuse that the change was in his room, or on the table in the living room, or whatever he kept changing his story to.

during dinner, he pulled out a gift for us for our anniversary. it was a folded note (which you could tell had earlier been a paper aeroplane, lol) from him to us telling us how much he loved us and how happy he was that we are a family, and there were 2 $5 bills in it as gifts, one for each of us.

Happy anniversary to you and your wife.! What a wonderful son you both have. He is growing up to be a very special and thoughtful young man. I love what he did for your gifts.:heart:

Himself played sous chef today! :w00t: He came into the kitchen and said "anything I can do?" He NeverEverEver does that. Of course I put him to work!

When he was done, dismissed so to speak, he said "I really didn't do much". I told him it wasn't how much he thought he did, it was that he saved me about half the time of prep work. Just to make him feel good, I think I'll have him slice onions this week the night before I make French Onion soup. The night before so I can be sure they're ready when I am. ;)

thank you addie, andy, bc, gg, cheryl, and el joanne.

he's really a great kid, and dw deserves most of the credit.

Bucky T, please add my Happy An's to the list and also my cudo's to your boy. That is definitely one of the best smiles you can get! I think you and your Mrs. should consider teaching parenting classes!

Went to Panera and got a loaf of Honey Wheat bread sliced thin and for a treat I got us some Wild Blueberry scones. Then went to one of our local deli's and got some shaved smoked pork loin for sandwiches for lunch. I think we will have a very light supper tonight.

giggles 4.jpg

gave me a big smile knowing that boy Buckytom is our future,
the next generation of kind human beings
Mahalo Mr. & Mrs. Buckytom

Oh, bucky, that made me cry. Good tears, though. What a dear, sweet, loving young man you have. It's comforting to know there are young sprouts in our world who are so tender and caring.

Hmmm?! The last thing that made me smile? Kind of like the old "let me count the ways" poem.

Yesterday Glenn's youngest, his son, and his wife had some fun social activities that would not have been enjoyable for their 18-month-old son, so we were charged with taking care of him. He's nothing short of perpetual motion and the best little guy anyone could ask for. He's never out of sorts and can entertain himself in a vacant room and be happy.

In addition to him, Glenn's oldest daughter and her two girls and one of their little friends came to visit and to play with Little Low Gear.

By 10:30 last night, our house was littered with cobalt blue sequins (from an evening gown in the dress-up trunk), hot pink maribou feathers, rhinestone tiaras, Lego blocks, Pillow Pals, building blocks, ride-on vehicles of any possible nature, dolls and assorted doll clothes and accessories, doll carriages, stuffed animals, crumbles of candy corn-shaped cookies I'd baked in the morning in anticipation of the invasion, and other assorted "stuff."

Heather and the girls left and Kamden played until he literally dropped at my feet as I sat on the sofa. He's the Energizer Bunny of playing and he gets every bit of energy out of his battery supply before he crashes.

I was still smiling this morning as Bella and I went through the house with the vacuum cleaner capturing all the blue sequins and maribou feathers as we followed the trail the girls had walked last night.

What fun! This will be smiles for a long time.

Katie....your post made me smile! What an awesome day you provided for the littles! They will always remember days like that with grandma. :wub:

My neighborhood put on this great event yesterday - a 5K walk/run plus a Little Monsters Fun Run for kids. Pets were invited, too :) Proceeds benefit our civic league and the local food bank. People were encouraged to bring non-perishable items for the food bank in exchange for raffle tickets for great prizes. I volunteered at the snack table, handing out snacks and water bottles at the finish line. It was a beautiful day and great fun. Lots of houses decorated for Halloween for the event. Lots of smiles all around :)

- BOO-Yah! 5K and Little Monsters Fun Run
- Halloween decorating pix

Last edited:
Sounds like fun for sure GG. I want to live in a neighborhood like yours when we move back home.

...By 10:30 last night, our house was littered with cobalt blue sequins (from an evening gown in the dress-up trunk), hot pink maribou feathers, rhinestone tiaras, Lego blocks, Pillow Pals, building blocks, ride-on vehicles of any possible nature, dolls and assorted doll clothes and accessories, doll carriages, stuffed animals, crumbles of candy corn-shaped cookies I'd baked in the morning in anticipation of the invasion, and other assorted "stuff."...
And you loved every minute, feather, and crumb! :heart: Such happy fun. Thanks so much for sharing this with those of us who don't know the joys of grandparenthood.

GG, what great pics, sounds like so much fun! My daughter and SIL go all out every year for Halloween, and fortunately, so does their neighborhood. Everyone has a blast, there is something for everyone, from the littlest on up. Thank you for sharing. :)

Katie....your post made me smile! What an awesome day you provided for the littles! They will always remember days like that with grandma. :wub:

Katie....I wanted to add to this earlier, but time, grandchildren, and cooking got in the way. :)

I don't know how old your granddaughters are, but a few years ago I found out that mine had so much fun with a few tupperwares of dried beans, split peas, and tri-colored rotini. I spread a blanket on the living room floor, put out some dollar store measuring cups and spoons, whisks and plastic bowls, and they had fun for hours....scooping, measuring, whisking, pretend cooking...they had great fun, and even my littlest grandsons love that play. As long as they are old enough to know not to try to eat it. :LOL:

They made pretend soups and stews, it's cheap entertainment for them, and they learn something along the way! :chef::)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom