Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This summer snack idea for a watermelon pizza from the folks at Wegman's, I wish I had an imagination! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

watermelonPizza.jpg

Smart SnackingÂ*- Wegmans

I'm sitting at my little desk and DH is looking out the window,
eyes as big as saucers,
he grabs my arm and drags me over to the glass sliding door in the back ...
"Look! Look! A Bobcat! He's coming right up to our door!"
The animal was panting, very obviously hot, and he plops himself down
on the I'm sure, nice, cool concrete slab in front of our door to rest.
So I look, and I look and I look a little closer,
UMMMM :ermm:
He whispers to me, "it's a young one!"
well, it doesn't have a bobbed tail,
it doesn't have the long tufts on his ears,
... he's got a long tail, he looks to be about 10 pounds or so,
and he has gray strips ... :blink:
"Dear, that's a CAT! It's called a gray tabby!"
:LOL:

BUT WAIT!

Last night, after a long day, I'm lounging in bed (that's the last piece of furniture we have left in the house now :LOL:) and my husband starts to yell from the familyroom... "QUICK! come here that Bobcat is back in our yard again!"
UMMMM
:huh:
Dear, that's that same Tabby, it's house cat! :ROFLMAO:

Cavs Win! :huh: Wait, the Cavs WIN? :ohmy: The Cavs WIN! :w00t2:

First, the Lake Erie Monsters won the AHL's Calder Cup. "Minor League", but a championship-drought will make you grasp at even the small victories.

Then, The Cleveland Cavaliers WIN the NBA Championship! Really? THIS happened to Cleveland? :shock: :cry: :clap:

Oh, it would be wonderful if the Cleveland Indians can follow their lead. Baseball, after all, is my life-long, favorite sport. :heart:

Cavs Win! :huh: Wait, the Cavs WIN? :ohmy: The Cavs WIN! :w00t2:

First, the Lake Erie Monsters won the AHL's Calder Cup. "Minor League", but a championship-drought will make you grasp at even the small victories.

Then, The Cleveland Cavaliers WIN the NBA Championship! Really? THIS happened to Cleveland? :shock: :cry: :clap:

Oh, it would be wonderful if the Cleveland Indians can follow their lead. Baseball, after all, is my life-long, favorite sport. :heart:

Yeah. I heard the news and right away thought of you. Have you stopped jumping up and down yet? Seventy-five years since they won a championship? The dry spell has been broken. :angel:

75? Hardly. It's been a mere 52 years. :LOL: The Browns were the NFL champions in 1964. Just because it wasn't a "Super Bowl" doesn't mean it wasn't a championship. I was old enough to see it happen, but not into football until I got to high school. ~ And the Cleveland Indians won the World Series in 1948, the year Himself was born. I know for a fact that I am not married to THAT old of a man. :LOL: ~ If you're talking about since the Cavs won? Um, that franchise wasn't started until 1970. It would have been some trick to win a championship before you were a team. :ermm:

They say all things come in threes. I hope that is true come October.

Ahh...they said the epicenter for our earthquake was in MA...

Congratulations our your team. Now I have to got to work and give condolences to a resident who was rooting for the other team.

75? Hardly. It's been a mere 52 years. :LOL: The Browns were the NFL champions in 1964. Just because it wasn't a "Super Bowl" doesn't mean it wasn't a championship. I was old enough to see it happen, but not into football until I got to high school. ~ And the Cleveland Indians won the World Series in 1948, the year Himself was born. I know for a fact that I am not married to THAT old of a man. :LOL: ~ If you're talking about since the Cavs won? Um, that franchise wasn't started until 1970. It would have been some trick to win a championship before you were a team. :ermm:

They say all things come in threes. I hope that is true come October.

CG, All I heard was some figure about how long their dry spell had been. I was in the kitchen and wasn't paying too much attention. Sorry about the number. I am glad that your home town won. I am not that big into sports. I would have no idea when one of our teams win an important game if it weren't for Pirate or Spike. I vaguely hear what is being said on the sports news.

Right now I just know that there is some fuss about the valve on a football. But was if this year or last. I don't remember and I don't even care. :angel:

Getting to our daughter's home. Ohio. :heart: *sigh* The sign says "Welcome to Ohio". Shooting into the sun at 70 MPH makes for a tough photo op.

Attachments

• 2016-06-28 19.48.20-1.jpg
    2016-06-28 19.48.20-1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 95
My 13 y/o Niece is staying at Grandma and Grampa's for a couple weeks. She came over and helped me paint trim on the deck, we went to town for pizza and then watched TV all night. The big grin came while she and Shrek were watching Charmed (a show he has never watched) and she was trying to give him the run-down on what the show was about. Shrek watched the whole show with her.

For my birthday in June my kids bought me a DNA kit from Ancestry. I just received my results. I am:

Europe West---59%

Italy/Greece---15%

Scandinavia----14%

Ireland----------9%

I have a grandson who was living in France, went up to Copenhagen and got married and now has his own business in Netherlands. All where my family was from. How cool.

For my birthday in June my kids bought me a DNA kit from Ancestry. I just received my results. I am:

Europe West---59%

Italy/Greece---15%

Scandinavia----14%

Ireland----------9%

I have a grandson who was living in France, went up to Copenhagen and got married and now has his own business in Netherlands. All where my family was from. How cool.

I have been toying with the idea of sending for that kit. I know I am 1/4 Native American. But I have the feeling I am more. I know there is not as much English in me as I had thought as first. So what is that missing part? Just don't know the cost for the kit. :angel:

Last edited:
I have been toying with the idea of sending for that kit. I know I am 1/4 Native American. But I have the feeling I am more. I know there is not as much English in me as I had thought as first. So what is that missing part? Just don't know the cost for the kit. :angel:

Addie: I wonder if you go on their web site, if it will tell the cost. I really enjoyed this gift from my kids. It was such a surprise. Jo

Grandson Josh's new "Harry Potter And The Cursed Child" Parts One And Two book came in the mail yesterday. I had pre ordered it from Amazon. I can't wait for his next visit so I can give it to him.:)

Grandson Josh's new "Harry Potter And The Cursed Child" Parts One And Two book came in the mail yesterday. I had pre ordered it from Amazon. I can't wait for his next visit so I can give it to him.:)

It is in play form, not novel. May be fun to read it together saying the parts out loud. I'm enjoying the story.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom