Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching our new kittens. They are just over two months old and everything is a toy. Every stick, twig or stone.

I have a large white enamel dishpan I fill with water to cool my feet in the evening when Buck and I sit on the porch. It was sitting on the floor, empty, and Mack decided he needed to investigate what this "thing" was. Naturally, he hopped in and immediately started playing with his tail.

At Buck's suggestion I went inside and found a ping pong ball and put it in the dishpan with the kitten. Instant fun. Within minutes Sally joined him and we were treated to a great show.

Mack has now decided that the dishpan is his and when I can't find him in any of his usual sleeping places, I just look in the dishpan. He's usually there.

:chef: Listening to my nearly grown grandson telling me about the past week in college, and then his Daddy, my son, and him talking about going to play golf. They love it, and I love seeing my children enjoying their children. I love the fact that our family still enjoys the company of one another. ;)

My 14 week old kittens greeting me when I got home from visiting my DH in the hospital a few minutes ago. I'm no longer alone when he is in the hospital.:)

This morning, watching DH talk to my cat, Elwing, while she answers with a very serious look on her face. He has no idea what she's saying, of course, but he holds up his end of the conversation :)

I went fresh water fishing with my DH the other day & although I wasn't catching much of anything, just feeling the warmth of the sun on my face & the cool breeze of the promise of fall on my body was amazing! It made me realize how blessed my life is now.

Then I was abruptly shaken from my bliss with my DH's excited words, "FISH ON! FISH ON!" My pole was bent in the rod holder & I caught a cute little 6" crappie or a dink as he put it. Those little ones can really fight & make you think you have a monster on your pole! My DH always teases me that I go out to watch the butterflies & everything else instead of trying to catch fish! :LOL: GUILTY! :rolleyes:

Big grins, for getting that call this morning from my Cade to let me know he had just lost one of his teeth and can't wait to show me:LOL:

kadesma

I came across this in my "stuff" and it makes me laugh every time! My scanner isn't working so I found a copy online.

15.jpg

I had trouble sleeping last night and watched a rerun of Last Comic Standing. That was funny. Then they showed a rerun of Robin Williams on The Actor's Studio. That was hilarious. Apparently he performed live for a total of 5 hours and one person with a hernia actually had to be hospitalized afterward for laughing so hard. So said the host, anyway. At any rate, it was extremely funny.

I returned to my volunteer's job at the international school and having so many children cry "Miss Debbie" upon seeing me after being gone all summer and the excitement on their faces and hugging all of them :):):)

My recently-potty-trained-son had just finished going potty. Before getting off the potty he took the time to study his peepee - he looked up at me and said in a very concerned voice, "mommy, my peepee has a hole in it". I laughed all day.

Enrolling on a Chemistry course and being told "it`s one of the hardest courses available" :)

all of the b.s. of life:, the bus schedules and rude passengers, the traffic, the unbelievable work load, the crush to get the nfl on the air this sunday, the stresses of trying to keep a cabin-fevered wife happy, etc., etc., all go away every night when my son runs up to my truck as i pull up in front of my house. he gives me a huge hug and kiss, then glues himself to me for the next hour as he says "i'm glad you're home daddy, i missed you. what took you so long?"

my entire being smiles when he does that, and makes it all worthwile. :mrgreen:
it's the reason i can get up and do it all over again, every day.

My recently-potty-trained-son had just finished going potty. Before getting off the potty he took the time to study his peepee - he looked up at me and said in a very concerned voice, "mommy, my peepee has a hole in it". I laughed all day.
:)How cute!Kids can be so funny heres one.
Many years agoI was working as a waitress on the lunch shift and this family came in with a little boy about 10 years old they ordered and when it was the little boys turn he ordered weenies by the glass we could not figure out what he meant he the pointed to the table tent which had a list of wines by the glass.I thought I was gonna die laughing.How cute kids take things so literally.

When all 3 of our kids said they'd come (with grandkids) for their dad's 70th birthday in Feb. believe me, this is a big deal, and he will be so happy.

Kids are sooo funny. One of my grown sons had trouble saying a few different letters when he was a toddler. I remember getting him out of the bath one day and toweling him off. He kept saying he wanted me to "Make him a woman". He was really adamant about it and I was starting to get a little freaked when I finally realized he wanted me to make him a roman (wrap the towel like a toga)! I laughed for days! He's the same one who used to call his genitals his generals.

I'm not only smiling this morning I'm sitting here LOL at the posts by Michelemarie and Fishers Mom:ROFLMAO: Add to that yesterday I had Ethan and his sister here til mommy could pick them up..Ethan who is really a very good and polite little guy, gave me some lip about not jumping off a chair..I turned around and gave him my do that again look and look out..He ran and sat on the sofa and said, Ma, you aren't going to smack my cute little bum are you? Oh boy, try not to laugh when you are supposed to be stern:LOL:
Ethan, Olivia, and I ended up on the floor just howling in laughter. Ah, life with little kids is life at it's best.
kadesma

I'm not only smiling this morning I'm sitting here LOL at the posts by Michelemarie and Fishers Mom:ROFLMAO: Add to that yesterday I had Ethan and his sister here til mommy could pick them up..Ethan who is really a very good and polite little guy, gave me some lip about not jumping off a chair..I turned around and gave him my do that again look and look out..He ran and sat on the sofa and said, Ma, you aren't going to smack my cute little bum are you? Oh boy, try not to laugh when you are supposed to be stern:LOL:
Ethan, Olivia, and I ended up on the floor just howling in laughter. Ah, life with little kids is life at it's best.
kadesma
Too cute, Kadesma. They really have our number, don't they? And it doesn't stop when they get older. I was trying to be very stern with my 15 year old recently about not falling asleep with his glasses on. He's broken the arm off a few times doing this. He tried saying that he didn't know how they were on his face since he distinctly remembered taking them off the night before. I cut him short, saying come on, how the heck did they get there if he had taken them off. He had his most innocent look and whispered "I think Lori did it (his sister). She's sneaky like that sometimes." I couldn't help it - I just burst out laughing. Anyway, it was nice to start the morning LMAO!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom