"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 09-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #7431
Master Chef

Since Himself said he would listen to the debate and give me a summary later, I've been listening to the Cleveland Indians baseball game. As many of you know, I've been a fan of the Indians since I was 8. Not many post-season games over all those decades, but this year we'll be in the playoffs!

Lessee, so far this year the Lake Erie (now Cleveland) Monsters won the AHL Caulder Cup. The Cleveland Cavaliers won the NBA championship. I'm hoping my Mom's adage holds up this year: all things come in threes. Sure would be nice to see my baseball team win the MLB World Series in my lifetime...

Old 09-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #7432
Chef Extraordinaire

CG, I have been holding on to my dream of the Pats, Sox, Celts, Revolutions and Bruins would all win their championship trophies in the same year. Stranger things have happened.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #7433
Master Chef

I ordered something from a Christmas website off of Amazon and when the order came today I looked at their logo on the paper work and it said "Christmas Central-So Good Even Santa Shops Here." For some reason that made me smile.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #7434
Chef Extraordinaire

Getting released from the hospital AGAIN! Nothing serious. Overnight stay. Heart related. All is fine.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #7435
Assistant Cook

Five month old girl who couldn't stop giggling while she was watching our cat eat.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:48 AM   #7436
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My little neighbor girl, who I've known since she was a wee babe, is now a full grown adult. She's visiting her dad. I banged on the door to deliver some cauliflower cheese soup. She was very appreciative! Dad doesn't cook, and she had a major hangover.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #7437
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
My little neighbor girl, who I've known since she was a wee babe, is now a full grown adult. She's visiting her dad. I banged on the door to deliver some cauliflower cheese soup. She was very appreciative! Dad doesn't cook, and she had a major hangover.
Oh yeah. That does sound like she is really grown up.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:16 AM   #7438
Master Chef

Addie, Addie, Addie. I think your angel's halo is askew.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:18 AM   #7439
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
...she had a major hangover.
Been there, done that. But, boy, was that wedding of Himself's cousin sure worth it.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #7440
Master Chef

A week or so ago, a friend had posted a photo on Facebook showing a broken brandy snifter. He was all sad about it. Well, it just so happened I had a pair of what looked like the same Irish crystal snifters in my wine rack. Unused. Collecting dust. See, Himself is the brandy "sniffer" in our house, and I bought him a lovely Waterford snifter for a Christmas gift one year. I was willing to part with my Irish glasses...for a swap. Told said friend I would trade him the glasses for something homemade (he and his husband pickle, can, make wine...all sorts of stuff). He left my surprise at the community theatre we each have worked at, and I dropped the glasses off tonight. Whoa, it was like Christmas! (Actually, the bag was a Christmas gift bag...) I got a bottle of homemade slightly sweet red wine, a quart of homemade tomato sauce (from their garden tomatoes, natch'), and a small hinged bottle of homemade vanilla. Oh, yum!

I'm going to have to go through my stuff to see what else I can wheel and deal for more swap items.