Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to a great play last night. WHile waiting... Paul accidently kicked me when he was getting seated a few mintues later he turned around and bonked me in the nose. I'm not sure why but it made us both laugh until we had tears in our eyes. Good thing the play hadn't started yet.

I was very sore last night and as usual couldn't sleep, so I was sitting on the side of the bed. Our big dog sleeps on her bed on the floor by my side and the little dog has his crate (with door left open) right next to it. I didn't make any noise that I was in pain, but they both came up and licked my bad leg and looked like they were saying "it's okay Mommie, we'll kiss it better". As sore as I was, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.

I was very sore last night and as usual couldn't sleep, so I was sitting on the side of the bed. Our big dog sleeps on her bed on the floor by my side and the little dog has his crate (with door left open) right next to it. I didn't make any noise that I was in pain, but they both came up and licked my bad leg and looked like they were saying "it's okay Mommie, we'll kiss it better". As sore as I was, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.
(((Laurie))) Aren't furkids the best???!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Smiling feel so good. The smile on my face is from a very special e-mail I got, FROM A VERY VERY SPECIAL FRIEND just a few minutes ago...Thank you you've made my day.
kadesma:)

Here we are...out on the porch. The sunset was a paintbox of colors and is just now fading. Colors I can't even begin to describe. The kittens - Nutmeg, Shadow, Silver and Tumble - have had their supper and have played their hearts out. Right now, most of them are sound asleep in assorted comfy places.

Now, the smiling part. Lightning bugs! They're blinking and twinkling all around us. There are banks and waves of them. What a treat! I have a smile from ear to ear. Love lightnin' bugs. I want to go inside and find an old mayonnaise jar, poke some holes in the lid with a nail and run through the yard to catch my bedtime night light. Maybe I will.

Oh, I love lightning bugs, too! I had never seen them until we got here. We have a field next to our house and there used to be goats there. One night shortly after we got here, we were sitting out on the patio and I said to Jerry, "Do goats' eyes glow in the dark?" Then we noticed them dancing up and down - lightning bugs! They won't come back until the rainy season starts. Soon.

2 kiddos of my buddy's.
her 5-year-old was with a 103.5 fever, & i covered her with her blanky & was holding her, then her baby brother (he's 1 1/2) was dancin' away with me & giggling while i sang. i love those kiddos.

DH woke me up from my pre-bedtime couch nap just now before he gets ready for work. :(
Told me to look in the aquarium, our pair of clownfish have laid eggs under thier anemonie!!! I'm so excited! I hope they make it, we'll have our very own little Nemos!!!!
:)

when i woke up this am. i thought i need to clean this house. then i remembered that abel the handyman had already done it this week.

i gotta tell you, that made me smile, big time

babe

Buck and I were out on our front porch earlier. All the outside kitties were having their supper and playing afterwards.

We'd been out on the porch for about an hour and looked over at one of the nice fat rails. There, all comfy, was Shadow sleeping like a baby with a big smile on his face. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world. So content and safe. What a sweet little baby. Made me smile lots. I'm so happy to provide such a great environment for these sweet children.

i was just thinking of this past sunday, when my wife and son and i went out for dinner. we were sat in a booth just across from an elderly woman and her mother.

the dinner was pretty much uneventful, as we were able to keep our son busy with a connect the dots booklet as we ate. he even colored in one of the completed pictures and gave it to the waitress, who feigned appreciation.

but what made me smile was at the end of dinner, the two elderly women came over to our booth to compliment us on what a beautiful and well behaved son we have, and that it's a rare thing to hear such a young child say things like "excuse me", "please", and "thank you".

we humbly accepted the compliment, and my boy jumped up and started explaining his latest connect the dot picture.

when they left, he said "nice to meet you, good night" to big smiles from the ladies.

Bucky, you just made me smile! That is so wonderful to hear and you should know that you and your wife being humbled by it is just a testament to why your son is as good as he is. Keep up the good work!

I have another smile - my daughter is moving back here!!! It is only temporary, but I will take what I can get!!!!

Last night, the phone was ringing off the hook. I was on a particularly long call with my elderly father and the caller alert kept beeping and my cell phone kept ringing and I don't like to interupt Dad because he gets frustrated. Finally I got off and saw that all 7 calls in 5 minutes were from DD.

She has been staying at the hospital 24/7 with her BF because he is so sick and really afraid to be alone.

I used our signal of three rings on her cell and she called me back on the hospital phone. She told me she was really waiting to tell me something because she didn't want anyone else to know until I did.

Her BF, proposed to her in the hospital last night in a very romantic way. I am so happy for them that I didn't think my smile could get any bigger..........until 10 minutes later when they called back and said "by the way, you WILL cater and do the cake won't you?" Even though I am having to cut back on work, I am sure you know what the answer was!

Last night, the phone was ringing off the hook. I was on a particularly long call with my elderly father and the caller alert kept beeping and my cell phone kept ringing and I don't like to interupt Dad because he gets frustrated. Finally I got off and saw that all 7 calls in 5 minutes were from DD.

She has been staying at the hospital 24/7 with her BF because he is so sick and really afraid to be alone.

I used our signal of three rings on her cell and she called me back on the hospital phone. She told me she was really waiting to tell me something because she didn't want anyone else to know until I did.

Her BF, proposed to her in the hospital last night in a very romantic way. I am so happy for them that I didn't think my smile could get any bigger..........until 10 minutes later when they called back and said "by the way, you WILL cater and do the cake won't you?" Even though I am having to cut back on work, I am sure you know what the answer was!
WooHoo Laurie!!!! You're gonna have a wedding! Congrats to all - I am so happy for ya'll. I just finished making a wedding dress and bridesmaid and flower girl dress for my close friend's daughter so I'm in wedding mode. Weddings always make me smile - two lives joining together to face the world.

Promise to post all the minute details, and of course pics of the cake, so that we can enjoy it too. Plus, since none of my kids will get married, I have to live vicariously through you. And I NEED a wedding!!! Seriously, I'm thrilled for all of you and no one deserves this joyous happening more than you, girlfriend.

You got it Terry, you will think that you were actually at the wedding by the time I get finished! Of course they are going to wait until their health improves to make any decisions, but it is going to be great!

We saw the baby swans and baby geese on our way to the store! Sooooo adorable! It's the first time I've seen baby geese. Seeing them made my day!

Back
Top Bottom