Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!

Last edited:
Thank you DL :flowers:

Sadly though I have gone back a bit and not feeling the best today...but hopefully I get better soon

I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.

I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.
So, will the payments be on the same day every month (except the holidays and weekends)?

Yep. It's a permanent change.

I'll have to remember to deduct my cable bill estimate from my running balance so I don't forget it (est. $130/mo.). They don't notify me until around the 19th of the month what my actual total is. It varies by a dollar or two each month.

Another Big Smile!

I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday. :ohmy::LOL::clap:

I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday. :ohmy::LOL::clap:

Whenever I start out ahead I end up behind! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get? :LOL:

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.

+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!

I always go for the reset button first. Spike is one of those thingy geeks and has taught me a lot over the years. Everytime I would call him, the first thing he would ask is "Did you try the resewt button?" Of course not. So now I do. :angel:

Last edited:

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get? :LOL:

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.

What a great guy. You have a keeper. I was lucky that either of my marriages lasted 24 minutes. :angel:

Happy Anniversary, Munky and DH of Munky! Hope you get to have a great day-off dinner!

Addie, I had no idea the router even had a reset button, as it's the one thing that always works! Just figured Verizon had an outage. Now I know!

Last edited:
My BFF had her daughter convinced their sofa was made of Baby Nauga Hides...:LOL:

:LOL:

Many years ago, my darling MIL sent us an anniversary card with a checklist of various items to be gifted with each year of marriage. Not the usual stuff. I think we were on either mosquito netting or Windex for our fifth year. This year will be around 26, so it might be either smoked meats or vaccuum cleaner bags.

A maple dip donut from Tim Horton's. Been in Calgary for a week and when do I finally get a chance to go to Timmy's? At the airport waiting for my flight home. It's ok though because the donut was so good and a nice treet before the flight.

Back
Top Bottom