Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats Dawg! I can't wait to retire. I used to work with Cruella DeVille, now I work with PeeWee Herman :(.

Have a great 1st day back to work PF!

So........the last thing that made me smile? Hmmmmm.........3 guesses!
Our Seahawks are Super Bowl Champs!

Thanks Bunny! Cruella kinda did it for me. PeeWee would be a nice change!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your retirement, Dawg! :flowers: You'll love it, once you get the hang of it. :LOL:

I try to stay away from inferences to age, but I have to say, I had you pictured as far from retirement age. :wub: Enjoy your time doing what you like, and I'm glad you are far, far away from Cruella. lol :)

Congratulations on your retirement, Dawg! :flowers: You'll love it, once you get the hang of it. :LOL:

I try to stay away from inferences to age, but I have to say, I had you pictured as far from retirement age. :wub: Enjoy your time doing what you like, and I'm glad you are far, far away from Cruella. lol :)

Aww, thanks Cheryl! I'm not that old, but I figured i need to enjoy what I've got left! Both my parents died in their 70’s. And when my job is no longer fun and I'm burned out, it's time to go. Looking forward to reconnecting with my clay and my woodworking tools!

Last edited:
Knowing that I am officially retired as of last Friday!

hot damn, dawg, congratulations, and welcome! early retirement is the best kind, i'm convinced. except for those folk whose job is their raison d'etre, or something....
oh dawg, you are gonna LOVE waking up every day, getting your life back--with time to do all those things that got put on hold your whole damn life long! you will get to live by your schedule, on your terms--there will be choices, yes, freedom! sundays will be fundays, not 'dreadmonday' days anymore....:)

hot damn, dawg, congratulations, and welcome! early retirement is the best kind, i'm convinced. except for those folk whose job is their raison d'etre, or something....
oh dawg, you are gonna LOVE waking up every day, getting your life back--with time to do all those things that got put on hold your whole damn life long! you will get to live by your schedule, on your terms--there will be choices, yes, freedom! sundays will be fundays, not 'dreadmonday' days anymore....:)

Oh, Vit, I just love your perspective! I truly used to love my work. Then along came Cruella and her micromanagement. I have many travel plans, along with my crafts and such. And no more painful Mondays! :)

You put into words exactly how I felt when I took an early retirement! :LOL: :)

Aww, thanks Cheryl! I'm not that old, but I figured i need to enjoy what I've got left! Both my parents died in their 70’s. And when my job is no longer fun and I'm burned out, it's time to go. Looking forward to reconnecting with my clay and my woodworking tools!

I'm so happy for you. :) My parents weren't very old when they passed either, and I feel so fortunate that I was able to take an early retirement. I still sub now and then but it's on my terms. lol. :LOL:

w00t! I would like to think of something profound to say, but I can't think of anything. :rolleyes: Enjoy your retirement.

One of my teachers told me I must have graduated college when I was 8 years old, as I didn't look old enough to retire. :wub: She flattered me!

I'm so happy for you. :) My parents weren't very old when they passed either, and I feel so fortunate that I was able to take an early retirement. I still sub now and then but it's on my terms. lol. :LOL:

Subbing is on the docket here too! Gah, I keep thinking I have to wake up tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom