Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been beautiful the last couple of days and Glenn and I have spent a lot of time outside, some of the time has been occupied by preparing the garden for planting....soon. It's so exciting and I can't wait.

At any rate, I love unusual garden decor and have added a couple of fun things to our outside living space. One thing I have always wanted is a nice, deep-sounding set of wind chimes.

I did some Internet surfing a few weeks ago and found what I thought would be a set of chimes I'd like. There was even a brief audio clip of how they would sound, which was quite helpful in my decision-making process. I liked what I heard and I ordered them.

The chimes arrived this morning and I couldn't be happier. The music is even more beautiful than the sound bite. Since blue is my favorite color, I ordered them in blue and the color, too, is even prettier than it appeared on my computer screen.

We put this in our herb garden, which is just off our bedroom. It's gorgeous at night and now I want to plant a moon garden to go with it.

I've been enjoying our wonderful yard and all the beautiful sights and sounds it affords us. Oh, I almost forgot, our hummingbirds are back, too. I'm practically giddy.

All these things have me smiling like crazy and will keep me smiling.

Those chimes sound wonderful and the solar moon light is lovely. Is your yard fenced?

Someone stole all (5 or 6) of my solar lights out of my garden :-(

A large portion of the back yard is fenced. Our house sits on the front section of 11 acres, on which there is a 2-acre pond. The rear portion of the property is moderately wooded, the remainder is open field. We often have deer, especially in the colder months.

Our front and back yards have lots and lots of trees of all varieties, my favorites being the redbuds. They're fully in bloom now and are almost ethereal in moonlight. This one is almost identical to the one outside our bedroom, near the herb garden.

Can't wait to sit on the porch this evening. It'll be wonderful, especially with the chimes. The porch is fairly large, 60 feet long and about 14 feet deep. Lots of room and we have a huge platform swing with soft cushions that makes sitting there quite comfortable.

Katie, that sounds wonderful. It also sounds like it wouldn't be easy for the neighbours to just wander in and steal stuff.

My backyard is 14'x16' and only fenced on the sides. Far too easy to steal stuff.

Katie, that sounds wonderful. It also sounds like it wouldn't be easy for the neighbours to just wander in and steal stuff.

My backyard is 14'x16' and only fenced on the sides. Far too easy to steal stuff.

No. No stealing really. Our car/truck are parked in front of the house on another similarly large porch and it's rare that we lock them.

As for the back area (which is why it is fenced), we have a large dog, Sadie, who is a cross between a German Shepherd and a Collie. She barks at what she considers unacceptable behavior, etc. I don't think she'd hurt anyone, but she certainly sounds formidable.

I also have to let you know, we live in what is considered "out in the country." We don't have many neighbors and those we do have are not cheek-to-cheek near us, which I like. I lived in the city far too many years under those conditions. I like my privacy and enjoy room to roam.

your chimes must really set a nice mood, kt-h.

and i completely agree about liking privacy in your back yard. we put up a 6' fence on one side of our yard to help with privacy frlm the turkish hordes that stay at my neighbor's house (i don't care who you are, but no one should have that many overnight guests -dozens at times- all year long).
now that my other neighbors have moved out, we're thinking of fencing in the rest of the back yard on all sides.

back on topic: my smile today was from teaching my son to cast with his first spinning reel in a friend's driveway, just like my dad taught me. we even used one of my sister's earrings for a weight instead of beating up a real lure. geez, i stole that old earring from her way back in the 70's and still had it buried in my tackle box.

No. No stealing really. Our car/truck are parked in front of the house on another similarly large porch and it's rare that we lock them.

As for the back area (which is why it is fenced), we have a large dog, Sadie, who is a cross between a German Shepherd and a Collie. She barks at what she considers unacceptable behavior, etc. I don't think she'd hurt anyone, but she certainly sounds formidable.

I also have to let you know, we live in what is considered "out in the country." We don't have many neighbors and those we do have are not cheek-to-cheek near us, which I like. I lived in the city far too many years under those conditions. I like my privacy and enjoy room to roam.

Does she bark for deer? :angel:

When I lived in the country, we didn't lock the house and we left the keys in the car (except in hunting season).

Now I live in the 'burbs in a townhouse in a condo association. Not my first choice. I prefer city or country. Unfortunately, DH doesn't want to live in the country. It would be so much simpler if he did. We could buy a house in the country for the equity in this place. City homes are much more expensive.

I would probably be able to twist his arm if he could drive. He has never had much interest in driving even though he was named after Stirling Moss and Graham Hill (famous 1950s/60s formula 1 drivers). :LOL:

A large portion of the back yard is fenced. Our house sits on the front section of 11 acres, on which there is a 2-acre pond. The rear portion of the property is moderately wooded, the remainder is open field. We often have deer, especially in the colder months.

Our front and back yards have lots and lots of trees of all varieties, my favorites being the redbuds. They're fully in bloom now and are almost ethereal in moonlight. This one is almost identical to the one outside our bedroom, near the herb garden.

Can't wait to sit on the porch this evening. It'll be wonderful, especially with the chimes. The porch is fairly large, 60 feet long and about 14 feet deep. Lots of room and we have a huge platform swing with soft cushions that makes sitting there quite comfortable.
Hi Katie,
love your red bud I have one just as tall as I am it ust finished blooming and It was the first time I was able to see it. I just love it and am waiting for fall when it gats the little paper like seed pods on it. Enjoy it your chimes and yard sound lucious.
kades

I'm all smiles DH birthday today and the kids, grand kids and their spouses all kicked in and took us out for dinner. What fun we had a room just for us and the kids were on best behavior. Had to have a little talk with our Ethan he got himself in trouble with his mom. So I asked him to please not lie anymore and if he didn't I[d talk to his mom and ask her not to spank just yell a little and kick her feet. This made him laugh and he threw his arms around me promised to not lie anymore and kissed me then said I sure love you ma. Smile you bet.
kades:)

aww, that's sweet, kads. grandparents have a way with kids. i just started realizing the immensity of their power. all we have to do is threaten to call grandpa, and my boy is scared straight. it's far better than a spanking.

god bless you and your love for your wee ones.

and happy birthday to mr. ma.

Last edited:
It's been beautiful the last couple of days and Glenn and I have spent a lot of time outside, some of the time has been occupied by preparing the garden for planting....soon. It's so exciting and I can't wait.

At any rate, I love unusual garden decor and have added a couple of fun things to our outside living space. One thing I have always wanted is a nice, deep-sounding set of wind chimes.

I did some Internet surfing a few weeks ago and found what I thought would be a set of chimes I'd like. There was even a brief audio clip of how they would sound, which was quite helpful in my decision-making process. I liked what I heard and I ordered them.

The chimes arrived this morning and I couldn't be happier. The music is even more beautiful than the sound bite. Since blue is my favorite color, I ordered them in blue and the color, too, is even prettier than it appeared on my computer screen.

We put this in our herb garden, which is just off our bedroom. It's gorgeous at night and now I want to plant a moon garden to go with it.

I've been enjoying our wonderful yard and all the beautiful sights and sounds it affords us. Oh, I almost forgot, our hummingbirds are back, too. I'm practically giddy.

All these things have me smiling like crazy and will keep me smiling.

Beautiful Katie! Love the chimes. I had some 5 foot steel tubular chimes, they disappeared out of a fenced yard.

aww, that's sweet, kads. grandparents have a way with kids. i just started realizing the immensity of their power. all we have to do is threaten to call grandpa, and my boy is scared straight. it's far better than a spanking.

god bless you and your love for your wee ones.

and happy birthday to mr. ma.
BT thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot to me. I'll give Pa your birthday wishes .Give that boy of yours a hug from Ma:)
kades

my great granddaughters came over yesterday with mom to pick up their easter dresses. i had done a easter basket for each. the eldest jumped up and down and clapped her hands when she saw hers. the little one gave me a big hug and a peeps sticky kiss before they left.

was i smiling? you bet i was. such sweet babies always make my day.

my great granddaughters came over yesterday with mom to pick up their easter dresses. i had done a easter basket for each. the eldest jumped up and down and clapped her hands when she saw hers. the little one gave me a big hug and a peeps sticky kiss before they left.

was i smiling? you bet i was. such sweet babies always make my day.
Aren't they wonderful. Mine have been here all day making cookies, frosting tnem dying eggs. It's been so wonderful how could I not smile for you and me.
kadesma:)

This is what made me smile today. Sophia with the Easter basket that Nana sent.

Attachments

• image-3042323439.jpg
    image-3042323439.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom