Am I turning into a vegetarian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I looked in my email (which does not show the images), how did I know that was just going to be so wrong?

Tyler Florence made bacon an honorary vegetable.
I can stretch a 1/2 pound of meat to feed 10 in a pasta/lasgna or chili/soup item.
Go Indian with those great spices, I can live on chick peas and dahl.
Whenever I walk into a Whole Foods market, I temporarily become vegetarian...the produce section is pretty spectacular.
And I can keep rambling on...love my greens.

I think semi vegetarian is a good thing. My dad was a die hard carnivore, bacon and beef were his favorite foods and he died young. Same with my grandfather, but he ate way smaller portions. Maybe that was one of the reasons my dad died young, maybe not. I'd like to ask older people what they are eating, and how much they are eating and if they think those factors are what keeps them going, like what do the folks that live to 100 years old eat? I think maybe there's something to ones diet, eh? ;)
Wish I knew for sure what foods were the secret. I don't think my diet is, but I am sooo trying to change. Mainly, for weight control. P.S. I love soda, and sugar, and I am diabetic. perfect. :LOL:

As a fellow diabetic, lose weight, cut the sugars by exchanging your carbs add a little exercise and you can add years to your life.. a lot of .Long life is our family history, but we can change it be being respectful of our bodies. I have to eat at least 6 oz. of protein a day and take protein blockers but you just need to be moderate in what you eat, meat about the size of a pack of cards, several 1/2 cups of non- starchy veggies, A nice green salad easy on the dressing.If as you say you like sugar then decide will it be a carb like potato or pasta pr rice with your meal, or a samll piece of cake or pie..One has to be replaced and your meal is set.
Good luck
kadesma:)

Hey, folks, the worse that I ever had happen was that on Christmas I was camping out in Lafayette, Louisiana. I wanted duck in the worst way, but there is no way you can cook duck inside a trailer, so we were cooking out over the coals next to a lake. I am not kidding, seriously, a flock of ducks walked up and watched me barbecuing this damned duck. It did not in any way diminish the great Christmas dinner I had with friends who flew in to spend the day with us. But it was a bit weird to have a bunch of ducks keeping us company while we cooked a duck. Weird, really weird.

Back
Top Bottom