Am I turning into a vegetarian?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
OK I know I am not really turning into one, but I have been feeling weird about meat this week. I LOVE meat. I eat a lot of it and know I should cut back some. We almost always have some form of meat as the main component of our dinners. For some reason though this week I have actually specifically not wanted meat and I do not know why. The past two nights dinners have been completely vegetarian and in thinking what I will make tonight the dishes that are popping into my head have all been vegetarian. I am not thinking of them on purpose, just meat does not seem appetizing to my right now for some reason. What is going on with me?

OK the one saving grace is that I have a flank steak in the freezer right now that I am saving to make into jerky. That does not seem unappetizing to me and I plan on making it this weekend.

I think it's time for an intervention.

All Emergency Intervention Team members assemble at the base for a preventive intervention at GB's place.

You had better watch out though Andy. There may possibly be a line of cows standing in your way trying to prevent you from curing me.

I'm just sayin'...

Attachments

• DSC01796-1.JPG
    DSC01796-1.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 178
I'm here from the meat department and I am here to help:

Attachments

• pork008.jpg
    pork008.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 179
  • pork009.jpg
    pork009.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 170
Where you bitten by a vegetarian? I was once bitten by a midget, left handed, eskimo albino woman and I turned into one at the full moon!!!

This is really weird, because I'm eating a hot dog as I'm typing this, but my advice is to go with what your subconsciousness is telling you. It may not be anti-meat as much as it is pro-vegetables - and that is a good thing! :chef:

GB,
Steak and mushroom pie, Italian breaded pork chops, a big pot of beef short ribs on the bone,Veal chops stuffed with fontina Pork or chicken pounded into Schnitzel, 3-way beef jerky,grilled lamb chops..Need I say more?:LOL:
kades

Selkie, one thing i am never short on is veggies. My whole family loves veggies and eats lots and lots.

BD, thanks to you my office now thinks I am nuts (or more nuts than they already thought) because i am sitting here howling in hysterics picturing that.

Kaedsma, what time is dinner? I will bring the wine and Frank can bring the pulled pork.

I hear that it's contagious. You can catch vegetarianism from just looking at fresh seasonal fruits and veggies.

Kidding aside... 2 thoughts here.

1. it is possible that you are missing some important nutrient in your diet and your body is craving foods to get the essentials it needs.

2. Proven cure.... Cook some bacon. The smell alone will make your mouth water - take it from a long time vegetarian who still considers cooking bacon one of the most awesome smells that can come from a pan.

I had actually thought that Janet (the craving thing), but I have not added anything additional to my diet. I have only removed. For instance, Tuesday night I made I made a three grain mix with sautes zucchini and string beans. The zucchini was mixed in with the grains, but the beans were on the side. Normally, I would have mixed in some chicken as well, but this time I just left it out. Last night we had a salad for dinner. Again, normally I would add chicken, but this time I left it out. I am starting to wonder if it is not so much a craving for something that I am not getting, but maybe the opposite. Maybe I was getting too much of something from the meat and my body is telling me to cut it out.

Bacon is the cure for everything. Maybe if we put some bacon in our safe deposit boxes the economy would improve. I would be willing to give it a shot.

GB.... Could be your body telling you something. ;)
While I would be tempted to celebrate an aversion to meat in anyone, I would say you might want to bone up on your zinc and see if it does not look more appetizing again. Then ummmmm... become vegetarian. :D

Ok we have lots of vegetarians on the site and I am sure that they will encourge you to load up on the veggies while in the mood. So I am going to post a plate loaded up with veggies.

4269765011_fb1ee6e369_b.jpg

Allow me to help you out...

Oh and check your PMs for a picture I can't post in public. Love you!

Attachments

• bacon.jpg
    bacon.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 162
I feel I should come out in support of vegetables. Here is a pic of my favorite vegetable...

Attachments

• lindsay.jpg
    lindsay.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom