Chefs who inspire you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caseydog, Im 42 soon and the Muppets came to Sweden to Sweden 1978 and the chef was introduced in 1975, so for us, he has always been a part of the show

Caseydog, Im 42 soon and the Muppets came to Sweden to Sweden 1978 and the chef was introduced in 1975, so for us, he has always been a part of the show

In 1975, I was learning to drive, not learning the alphabet. :LOL:

I did spend the whole summer of 1978 in Europe. It was way different than Texas, and I loved it. I stayed in hostels and college dorms. I loved that. I met some European college girls, and definitely loved that. I ate foods I had never heard of, and loved most of them. A few just didn't work out for me.

Sweden is on my short list of places to visit. I don't know if I will ever get there, but I think I would really like it. I am not expecting any "bouncy, bouncy meat-a-balls." :LOL:

CD

caseydog it depends if you fly out east coast or west coast. West coast, then you can fly to Finland first, take a day in Helsinki, then go to the north of Sweden and work your way down. East coast, land in Denmark take the train through Sweden from the south to the North. Oh and I am 2 hours North from Kastrup airport, so meatballs ?

FYI for those interested... the Swedish Chef was not a part of 'Sesame Street'. He was introduced as part of the 'The Muppet Show', which in its turn was created for adults. Parents loved the characters Sesame Street so much and let it be known they wanted to see these guys when they were home from work. The evening show was created for them.
at least as I recollect.

Yes, I remember The Muppet Show was on at like 7:30 in the evening. Not exactly kiddie time.

I was in about 7th or 8th grade at the time, and we would talk about the show in school the next day with a few of our fun teachers.

Yes Muppet show went on late for us Swedes and here it was seen as family entertainment and since this was British show ( Henderson had no luck in USA with the Muppet Show , ATV a British company took over) and Swede had thing for British comedy, this was seen as family friendly.

I saw most of this in late 80;ties. I'm guessing re runs, which was common here, we only had two channels.

You're right Cake. I never did understand it tho. Sesame Street was filmed in NYC and Muppet Show in England. It must have been a matter of finance.

I actually like the rebellious style of David Chang.

I also love Tyler Florence, Alton Brown, Jose Andres, Geoffrey Zakarian, and I must give my respect and love to Antonio Carluccio of course. Especially since Italian cuisine is my all time favorite.

Back
Top Bottom