Yes, small dorm and small kitchen, 12 people. I'm thinking one pot meal as well. Here are some ideas for you.
1. Chili - everyone loves chili, either hot or medium spiced.
2. Baked beans with ham - purchase pre-cooked navy, red, or great northern
beans at the store. Flavor with onion, brown sugar, molasses, and cubes of
3. Spanish Rice with Spanish Chorizo and summer squash
4. Baked fish and oven fried potatoes, with a cob salad
5. Fried Chicken, the Chief's way - involves baking in the oven to finish the
chicken and so many pieces can all be ready at the same time.
6. Smouldering Chicken - a recipe for those who like a mild heat in their chicken
7. New England Boiled Dinner
8. Sandwich Bar - Each guest brings one sandwich filling and you supply the
bread, lettuce and condiments. Everyone makes their own sandwiches.
9. Beef roulade with duxelle, bread dressing (think cooked Stove Top
Stuffing) filling for the roulade, with baked sweet potatoes
10. Pizza Hut (just kidding). Actually, a pre-made Wal Mart pizza has a very
nice crust, and is cheap. You simply purchase extra toppings, like thin-
sliced ham, pepperoni, bulk Italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives,
onion, etc. You then top the pizza with what you like, and bake it until
11. Mulligan Stew - you really can't go wrong with a good stew.
12. BLT's or BLOT's using whole wheat or rye bread. The "O" in BLOT is for
sliced onion, so good. Simply pre-cook 3 lbs. of bacon before your
guests arrive, have the tomato cut, and the bread ready to toast. Again,
everyone makes their own sandwiches.
Should you want recipes for any of the above, just post which one or ones you've interested in. There are many here that will supply the recipe you need, except for the Smouldering chicken, my fried chicken (I have a seasoned flour recipe that is very good, but then, so do others here),and my own, prize winning white chili recipes, and I can provide those.
Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…
Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.