Creamed corn, corn and smokies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I usually do a 50-50 creamed corn and corn to cut down on the sweetness - also saves a few cents on the cost as well. I had a dish once that had ham in with the corn. I have some smokies that I would like to use. I am thinking of nuking the cream corn/corn mixture and then quickly stir frying the smokies...then adding them to the corn mixture. Any thoughts?

I usually do a 50-50 creamed corn and corn to cut down on the sweetness - also saves a few cents on the cost as well. I had a dish once that had ham in with the corn. I have some smokies that I would like to use. I am thinking of nuking the cream corn/corn mixture and then quickly stir frying the smokies...then adding them to the corn mixture. Any thoughts?

Sure, Google Maque Choux. You'll come up with all sorts of ideas. Don't limit yourself to just adding smokies, you can add all sorts of stuff.

I'd do it. I'll bet it would be good.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom