Deep Fried Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fried ravioli: I dip partially thawed frozen ravioli in egg-milk, then coat with seasoned breadcrumbs. Dip in marinara or spaghetti sauce.
Shrimp or chicken strips/pieces either egg'd and crumb coated, or batter dipped.

Forgive me if I have overlooked it, but chicken wings.

We rarely pull out the fry daddy but when we do we always do wings and chips, sorry fries.

then we figure out what else to do with the thing.

Have never made a deep fried Mars bar. Sounds hideous, but if ya got the daddy fired up it might be fun.

Thought of a few more.

Onion Blossom/Blooming Onion
Blooming_onion

Deep fried Mozzarella sticks

Zucchini sticks

Maybe I should buy a deep fryer, lol.

Onion Rings

You might want to try this recipe for onion rings,they are easy and great.
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. each salt,pepper,cayenne and garlic powder
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
Slice onion into 1/2" rings.Mix 1 cup flour and the spices.Stir in 1 cup milk and mix well.Put the rings in the batter and soak for 30 minutes,turning every10 minutes.Mix the other cup of flour with the cornmeal.Take the rings out of the batter and dredge in the flour mixture.Deep fry in batches for 3-5 minutes or till golden brown.Drain on paper towels.Can be kept warm in a 200º oven till all are done.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I filled a baking sheet with falafels, eggplant, chicken strips and tater tots. I served it with fresh chopped tomatos, tartar sauce, tzatziki and baba ganoush and pita bread. It was a big hit, adults and kids alike.

Back
Top Bottom