Easy quick wettish ham dishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I freeze my leftover ham until I figure out what to do with it.

The above ideas are great. I like it in bean or split pea soup.

cook4984, I made a casserole with chunks of ham, already-cooked rice, broccoli (the recipe called for frozen-I lightly steam fresh instead), and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Sometimes you have to use the nasty stuff. ;) If you don't do cheese, you might be able to find a creamy type soup that you would like with the ham, etc. Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Broccoli might be possibilities?

This sounds very nice but what is the SOS?...

I'll explain it when you are older!

...Lets just say the men gave it a descriptive name...
In our house we were taught to say "Stuff On a Shingle". :angel: Then we would call it by the common name! :LOL:

Hmm I forgot to mention I dont eat cheese. I like it and all but too fatty, makes me spotty. Or any other fatty stuff really since i put on weight so easily. so it more limits things.

Remember that cheese contains a lot of protein and calcium. It's also important to have some fat in your diet, in order for your body to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, C, E and K.

Remember that cheese contains a lot of protein and calcium. It's also important to have some fat in your diet, in order for your body to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, C, E and K.

Maybe a little bit off topic, but the fat soluble vitamins are A,D,E and K. Vitamin C will always be water soluble:).

Actually, sunshine helps the body create its own vitamin D.

My last blood panel showed me deficient in Vitamin D. I am fair skinned and haven't had a lot of outdoor exposure to the sun the last couple of years. That may be why. I'm taking vitamin D supplements now. It could be due to aging too.

This topic got me thinking of buying a ham to cook, but apparently hams sold in most grocery stores are either half a ham already cooked or large uncooked ham steaks. The meat department guy said to wait until November around Thanksgiving or Easter as full uncooked hams are stocked seasonally here. There IS a famous well known store 20 miles from me that sells just honeybaked smoked hams that are spiral slice cut...year round. My dad used to purchase those at Easter. They were good! A bit too large and expensive for my everyday cooking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom