"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
Sous Chef

I don't see the April Fool's connection to November 23, 2013. The most I've boiled for deviled eggs at one time is three dozen, 36 eggs. I boiled them on top of my Wolf stove in two big pots. The only extra time it took was the extra handling of so many eggs. I'll stick to stove top. I have no tips for oven baked, in the shell eggs.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Senior Cook

Thanks! I was curious to try this because sometimes I have 2 things cooking on the stove - I only have a two burner, and if I could use the oven to cook eggs then I cook eggs in the oven while cooking the other two foods on the stove.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyou View Post
Thanks! I was curious to try this because sometimes I have 2 things cooking on the stove - I only have a two burner, and if I could use the oven to cook eggs then I cook eggs in the oven while cooking the other two foods on the stove.
Well, just prick the round end of the egg. Be careful you don't pierce the membrane inside the shell. That should solve your exploding eggs.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyou View Post
Oh I see this now. I was reading all this and I was very curious of why you would cook eggs in the oven! Now this makes very much sense, of course!

Some people in my former country also have only two burners on their stoves. I should have remembered this.

These eggs look very good here! I'm going to try this:

Baked Eggs (in a muffin tin) | The Finished Plate

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
These eggs look very good here! I'm going to try this:

Baked Eggs (in a muffin tin) | The Finished Plate

With love,
~Cat
Thank you for sharing that! I never saw the point in cooking in-shell eggs in the oven either, but I have a full 4-burner stove. These, however, could really come in handy. I occasionally invite more people over to our little apartment than I probably should. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite for these gatherings, but I always end up making scrambled eggs because they're so much easier. This gives me another option for eggs for a crowd.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
egg, eggs