"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #81
Certified Pretend Chef

Just polished off some TJ's fauxreos (TJ's version of Oreo cookies). Practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #82
Admiral of the Texas Navy

Good Afternoon,

This thread has been reported by the Discuss Cooking membership and has been discussed by the administration team.

With notable exceptions, there are concerns that many recent posts have drifted away from the original topic. Please stay on topic so that we can keep this thread open.

On behalf of the Administration Team,

Old 10-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #83
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just polished off some TJ's fauxreos (TJ's version of Oreo cookies). Practically indistinguishable from the real thing.
I just happen to go to Trader Joe's just now and while I was there I just happen to find myself looking for "fauxreos" even though I haven't bought cookies in ages. I was thinking what a clever name...but couldn't find them anywhere until an employee pointed out that they aren't called "fauxreos" but rather "Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies". Your name is MUCH more clever Andy!! They should pay you royalties to use your "fauxreos" name instead! Have you ever been in marketing?

Anyway, I concur, they taste exactly like oreos!
...AND they're all natural...no hydrogenated oils...cool
...AND they're $2.69 for 20oz. (1 lb 4 oz). I'm not sure how that compares to Oreos

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #84
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
I just happen to go to Trader Joe's just now and while I was there I just happen to find myself looking for "fauxreos" even though I haven't bought cookies in ages. I was thinking what a clever name...but couldn't find them anywhere until an employee pointed out that they aren't called "fauxreos" but rather "Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies". Your name is MUCH more clever Andy!! They should pay you royalties to use your "fauxreos" name instead! Have you ever been in marketing?

Anyway, I concur, they taste exactly like oreos!
...AND they're all natural...no hydrogenated oils...cool
...AND they're $2.69 for 20oz. (1 lb 4 oz). I'm not sure how that compares to Oreos

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you. Never been in marketing, just get lucky once in a while.

I don't remember the exact amount but they are around half the price of Oreos.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #85
Assistant Cook

I ususally buy TJ brand Coastal Merlot, chunky applesauce, cereal bars and rice milk. I like most of their salad dressings & toppings (chopped nuts, dried fruit, etc) too.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #86
Half Baked

I just ate some of their spiced soybeans with cumin,garlic and cardamom......Awesome,cheap and conveinant.

They have it listed as a new item along with seasond chickpeas in micro pouches in the dry foods area.

2 bucks for a great lunch. I bet the chickpeas are just as good.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #87
Certified Pretend Chef

Had the mushroom and black truffle flatbread over the weekend. It was OK but we didn't like it as much as some of the others we bought.

We also have a tomato and pesto flatbread and some TJ's meatballs that SO wanted to try.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #88
Executive Chef

I wish I had a Trader Joe's.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #89
Master Chef

I day, I'd like to work for TJ's. I like the idea of wearing a Hawaiian shirt to work.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #90
Certified Pretend Chef

TJs Classic Chocolate Bars

TJ's Classic Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate bars are being discontinued and are on sale at $0.29 each as long as they last.

I just had one and it's very good. It's a minimum of 53% cocoa solids according to the label. I'll be going back to load up tomorrow.

Of course, this is only important if you like chocolate...