Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Butter Bean - where are you getting your fish from it looks so good! And before you ask no I dont have a little friendly fish monger on my doorstep next to the boulangerie. I have the big old supermercados, but alas no decent fish.

P.S Have fun in North Wales - hope you have your woolly knickers on, give my love to Fairy Bollocks.

Last edited:
Harry,

The swordfish looks delightful. It is very common over in Puglia and The Iberian Peninsula ... Large catches in the vicinity of Sicila and Puglia ...

I would like your swordfish recipe too ...

I always prepare it on skewers, alternating a cube of firm swordfish with a cherry tomato, a clove of garlic and red sweet bell pepper ... I marinate it for 15 mins. in Evoo, Lemon and Fresh Herbs ...

Grill in broiler section of oven, as we do not have a BBQ in Madrid nor in Puglia ...

Thanks in advance for recipe and give my best to Bolas and his Mrs.

Ciao, Margi.

Butter Bean - where are you getting your fish from it looks so good! And before you ask no I dont have a little friendly fish monger on my doorstep next to the boulangerie. I have the big old supermercados, but alas no decent fish.

P.S Have fun in North Wales - hope you have your woolly knickers on, give my love to Fairy Bollocks.
told you sweetheart...lurkin' in the freezer with the stray peas & freezer ties....
it was from my local tesco griddled quorn.i sold a house for june who runs the fish counter & tesco have an affinity(get it?!) partnership with my company so she got discount.she knows the fish/seafood i like & sorts out the good stuff for me in return,but this piece was just sitting on the ice winking at me.bought it & chucked it in the freezer.

Harrys swordfish & ratatouille

Harry,

The swordfish looks delightful. It is very common over in Puglia and The Iberian Peninsula ... Large catches in the vicinity of Sicila and Puglia ...

I would like your swordfish recipe too ...
Ciao, Margi.
hi margi
i don't have a bbq either,you just need a smoking hot griddle pan as per the photo's.i also believe that nothing is cast in stone & recipes/cook books are for guidance/inspiration only.if you like more garlic,add more...if you don't like courgettes,leave 'em out....if you haven't got fresh use tinned tomatoes etc etc
a)garlic,chilli,shallots,aubergines,courgettes & tomatoes as per photo.
b)fresh basil,oil of choice,sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
c)firm fish of choice
peel & slice the shallots & garlic.
slice the chilli on the diagonal(looks pretty that way!)discard/leave in the seeds depending what heat you want.
pour a couple of glugs of oil(i used greek evoo)into a COLD saucepan.
chuck in the shallots,garlic,chilli
bring to the heat & when shallots etc start to "fizz",turn down the heat.you want to sweat not brown them.
slice the baby aubergines/courgettes in half lengthways(or chunks if using full size) & toss in the pan with shallots etc,turn up the heat,stir for a few mins to coat with the flavoured oil.
chuck in the whole cherry toms or tinned toms,stir,add black pepper.
if using fresh toms wait for them to pop then turn down heat,put lid on & gently simmer til veg are cooked but STILL FIRM.it may get a bit dry if using fresh toms so just add a bit of water if this happens
taste,add salt,taste again,add torn basil,stir,turn off heat,put lid on.leave for flavours to develope.best served warm not hot,also delish cold.
get your griddle pan smoking hot.
lightly oil/season fish & whack on the griddle
quarter turn fish after 1 minute to get criss/cross marking
after another minute turn fish over & repeat.
obviously timings for fish depends on thickness,how well done you like it etc etc
that's it,done.....takes 30 mins from start to finish...

Attachments

• SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 001.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 001.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 115
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 002.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 002.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 113
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 003.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 003.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 120
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 004.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 004.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 120
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 006.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 006.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 107
Harry: Thanks so much for the Sword Fish Recipe

:yum: Looks divine, and I can purchase some fresh Sword Fish from the fishermen direct over in Puglia ... Cannot wait to get there already. I am leaving 7am Friday ... Need a break from the Madrid´s Desert like climate ... I am Daughter of Neptune ( the God of the Sea ).

Have a lovely wkend and I shall let you know how the grilled sword fish turns out ... all the ingredients are easy available throughout the Mediterranean too ...

All my kindest and thanks again,
Margi. Ciao. ;) :cool: :chef:

That is easy! Thanks, Harry!

:yum: Looks divine, and I can purchase some fresh Sword Fish from the fishermen direct over in Puglia ... Cannot wait to get there already. I am leaving 7am Friday ... Need a break from the Madrid´s Desert like climate ... I am Daughter of Neptune ( the God of the Sea ).

Have a lovely wkend and I shall let you know how the grilled sword fish turns out ... all the ingredients are easy available throughout the Mediterranean too ...

no,no,no....thank you both,an absolute pleasure to be of sevice,as always,ladies;)!

Minced pork stuffed baby squid

tonights offering:minced pork stuffed baby squid baked in apple balsamico/white wine with saffron rice:

Attachments

• STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 001.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 125
  • STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 003.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 118
  • STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 004.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 120
  • STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    STUFFED SQUID 007.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 107

I cannot live inland. I have to be near the sea. I would be the perfect beach bum if it were legal. ;)

fancy food phase over,time for some real grub:
griddled pork chop,mashed spuds,roasted corn,hot cherry chillies & cold beer!

Attachments

• PORK CHOPS & MASH 001.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & MASH 001.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 151
  • PORK CHOPS & MASH 003.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & MASH 003.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I've made a home made beef chili and it was to die for! Served it up with a little boiled potato and sour cream!

img_1160688_0_4b33817b035ee9b48e53d354cbab6e1d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom