"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Hello olalachef; We love to cook around here. Some of us are acomplished, and some of us can barely boil water. We look forward to your input and discussions. Just be aware, sometimes we like to have a bit of fun, and joke around. But if there is ever a question, we love to discuss ways to solve it. We enjoy sharing what we know, and learning from everyone.

Where did you study? Or are you like so many of us who have learned through years of practice, and reading everything we could find about cooking.

Haha; the only place I could be called chef is in my own kitchen, in my house. But that's enough for me. I think that if I had to cook for a living, it might take some of the fun out of it. As it is, I am often called to cook for others, and for various functions. It can be an awful lot of work. But I also know that if you love your work, it's no longer work.

Nice to meet you. Hope you love this place too.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
thanks for your nice replay....no problem for joking around and having fun..you found the right person for that!!!!..even if its a bit tough for me to be funny in a foreign language!!!....otherwise if you are a good chef in your own kitchen its good enough no??? for me it is....i will go see your blog as soon as possible....bonne fin de soiree!!!!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

thanks to all your warm welcome by the way!!!merci beaucoup!!!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Hello there! Welcome to DC. I hope to get some great tips from you!

My cooking is a bit on the plain side but that's because the area I live in is known for plain eating & cooking. If you ever heard of Pennsylvania Dutch cooking then you know what I mean by plain.

I'd love to see France one day. My husband was there while he served in the Navy & loved the food & the museums.

Tags
cooking, tips