Graphics and Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nato

Assistant Cook
Howdy everybody!
Currently I have a degree in graphic design, however, I've discovered that my true passion is cooking and I've always wanted to be able to work from home, so I've come up with this idea and would love to hear what the community thinks about it :)

I was thinking that I could offer my services to make custom cookbooks for people, either online versions or physical versions. People would basically contact me and specify which type of cookbook they want (online or physical) and they would also include a detailed description of how they want the theme and designs to look (there would be a website) and, long story short, I would make it for them. I would also be able to make custom recipe cards as well (as defined by the customer).

My questions are, what do you think about this service? If it's appealing to you, what would you be willing/expecting to pay for said services? And finally, what are some things that you, the community, would be interested in getting from a designer, such as personalized recipe cards (ex. Amanda's Peanut Butter Surprise).

Any insight, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

I would probably someday use a service such as this. Wish I knew of it years ago when I made up a company cookbook for a job I had years ago....would have saved me ALOT of work!
I have often thought of making a cookbook to pass on to my daughter one day of all our family recipes.

Awesome, thank you rjx for those links. That allowed me to refine my idea some more, maybe I can specialize in digital cookbooks, in pdf format or something universal like that, and then I'd be able to offer a lower price as well.

Back
Top Bottom