I love it. Its slight sweet and helps in garnishing. I wan to share a recipe which include green onion tops or green onions or green onions with tops or scallion tops or scallions or spring onions or green onion stems or fresh scallions or whole green onions or spring onion leaves or dried green onion flakes as ingredients.
1) 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2) 2 egg yolks
3) 1 garlic clove, minced
4) 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
5) 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
6) 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
7) 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
8) 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
9) 8 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
10)1/3 cup butter, melted
1) Heat oven to 350 F.
2) In bowl, mash together feta cheese, egg yolks and garlic. Mix in onions, parsley, mint and pepper.
3) Cut chicken breast in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Spread feta mixture evenly on 1 half of each breast; fold breast over to enclose.
4) Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with damp towel to prevent drying out. Brush lightly with some of the butter; top with second sheet and brush lightly with butter. Centre 1 breast on phyllo about 2 inches (5 cm) from short edge; fold long sides over chicken and roll up. Repeat with remaining chicken.
5) Place in lightly greased baking dish; brush with remaining butter. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.).
6) Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until crisp and golden, about 45 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.