Help!! Cooking time question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flower

Assistant Cook
Hi, I am a terrible cook!! I have some people coming over for dinner today (God help them!!)

I have bought 3x 475 gammon joints. The pack says to cook at 190 for 45 mins. But how long do I cook 3 of these for??? :huh:

Thanks in advance

Is it a fresh ham or a smoked-type? I am unfamiliar with that term. When buying ham, I usually follow the package directions.

Okay - what exactly is "3 X 475 grams joints"?? Are we talking about beef, pork, lamb, what? There's a big difference.

That should have read: 3x 475 gram gammon joints. That's 3 pieces of ham about a pound apiece.

Flower: If you're cooking them in the oven, the time is the same for three as it is for one.

Hi Flower and everyone,
I'm new to the forum so here goes....day job is teaching Home Economics
Andy M is right , if using the oven the 3 pieces will cook for roughly the same time although I would perhaps allow 1 hour and keep a check on the colour in the last 15mins. Gammon is beautiful if brushed with honey or soft brown sugar.
Good luck with your meal and enjoy.

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies.

Breezycooking, I did say gammon on my original post. :)

I cooked them for one hour and added honey too. They were delicious.

I know Flower. What confused me was when you came back & said that it should have said "grams". I thought you'd accidentally typed "gammon" instead of "grams".

No worries - glad they turned out so well. :)

Back
Top Bottom