HELP ! I need 5 star recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had ideas to do a 'gourmet' take out, which would also serve as a catering base. WW is right - lots of folks are picking up dinner on the way home, and it's about time someone cut into the junk the supermarkets are churning out!

You also might want to check out 'catering trucks'; I looked at one, a 20 footer, which had a complete kitchen set up, down to sinks and a freezer! The plan (til the local licensing board shut me down) was to set up shop for coffee and lunch at one or two of the local hospitals, and then use the truck for catering small parties.

Here's an idea from hubby:

Out here, tri-tip sandwiches are the best around. They originated in Santa Maria, CA, which was 1 hour from my original home town of Santa Barbara, so I grew up on these. Anyway, out there (SM) you will see many street corners with guys who have giant BBQs (you can see the smoke down the street). They're cooking Tri-Tips all morning, and then slicing them, putting it on french rolls, and usually topping with fresh pico di gallo. There are none better.

Hubby also says that you could do something similar if you got in with a larger golf course. He buys those hot dogs every time he goes, and let's face it - if you were given a choice of dogs or a steak sandwich, which would you buy? And golfers always will pay more, considering they put down $40 - $85 just for 18 holes!

They couldn't get their tiny little minds around the 'complete' concept, cause all they've ever seen are roach coaches. Even took 'em pics; the truck has passed inspection in Philly, for cryin out loud! Then they said I couldn't park it in the back yard, even tho the 'homeowner's association here said it was okay, as long as it didn't show from the road. My plan was to cook out of the truck at home (so I could be around for my disabled son as much as possible), then take it out for lunch runs, and book catering parties.

I just have to remember this is oh, so uptight and oh, so very proper Charleston! :roll:

Unreal! Charleston or not, that kind of red tape just doesn't make sense!
Sorry your good idea didn't pay off! On the up side, it sounds like you are going to make it catering in spite of them!

Lots of Good Luck!

:) You have to live here to understand the mindset, lol; it's all about 'who's your daddy?' and they still don't take kindly to 'Yankee carpetbaggers'. The Civil War is referred to as either 'the recent disturbance' or 'the Northern aggression'. Other than that, it's an absolutely charming town!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom