Help with Lemon sauce for Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Browneyedgurl5

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I had this amazing dinner that my friend's cousin made, and I would love to be able to make it for my boyfriend, but I can't remember what she used and we weren't able to get in contact with her. I tried to google it, but I couldn't find anything that matched it. She cooked the chicken in some of the sauce, and used the rest for dipping. I know she used concentrated lemon juice and brown sugar in the lemon sauce, but that's all I know. If you have heard of this and may be able to help, I'd be sooo greatful! :mrgreen:

what kind of dish was it? Indian? Mexican? Vietnamese? Thai? any other clues you could give us would be helpful too. Was it a sweet sauce, savory, buttery, tangy, creamy, light? Did you notice any flecks of colors in the sauce that could be fresh herbs? Any thing else would help thanks.

Without knowing what you ate, I would suggest dredging the chicken in seasoned flour and then sauteeing the filets in drawn butter. You would then only have to deglaze the pan with lemon juice, and maybe some white wine and simmer it until it thickens. If you want sweet, maybe brown sugar, or more savory, molassas and lemon zest. I would put onions in the butter with the chicken, and maybe a little celery, but that is just me.

Thanks for help. I am not sure what kind of dish it was; It was just chicken strips and some noodles and some rice. The sauce was more sweet, with a lemon kick to it. There were no herbs in it.

It sounds like it could be it, but for this dish the sauce was in it's own bowl and you dipped it into it.

Give it a go and make extra sauce for dipping. Just don't reuse any precooked chicken sauce for dipping. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom