Home Packaging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crossedj

Assistant Cook
Hi! I have an odd request that you all hopefully have a much better understanding then myself. Over the years, my mother has baked her homemade Chex Mix using her own recipe to pass out to friends and family. I want to expand this idea, but have no real means to packaging it other then a zip lock bag. I couldn't find any machines online to purchase to professional package homeage chips (in my case chex mix), so is there anyone here that could point me in the right direction?

I packaged the batch I made for Christmas in a couple of gallon zips, then for some to munch on I put in a lidded container to keep it fresh. Like a Glad container, but $ store price.

One idea would be a decorative tin or even an attractive box, just put the sealed baggie inside to keep it fresh.

One presentation that might work inexpensively would be to wrap the cookies in plastic wrap or similar and use inexpensive baskets. A little creativity should make a very appealing presentation.

Food savers can seal without vacuum sealing or with just pulling a little air out. With a pretty label or paper wrapper (think cardboard coffee cup sleeve but around a bag) it would be cute and personable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom