"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #111
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Three people in an elevator which one farted
The richest one, he could afford gas at the price it is today!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #112
Sous Chef

My sister's 4 year old will eat anything. He's been eating raw onions and snacking on peppers since he was 2. She made a point to assume, "if I like it, why wouldn't he like it?" he's never been told, "Oh, you aren't going to like that." the only thing I can think of that he's ever said yuck to was cold salads like potato salad and coleslaw, and I think that's more just the fact that it seems like something that should be hot, because he likes everything that goes into those. She also does the "you have to try it but you don't have to eat it if you don't like it" thing. Boy is it nice to be around kids that just sit down and eat.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #113
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I wasn't a fussy eater. However, I detested (and still do) canned peas. One day my mother noticed that I was more than happy to eat fresh peas. After that, she never served canned peas, just fresh or frozen.
Canned peas are gross. They are partially cooked and you cook them some more to heat them to serving temperature.

Fresh peas can be eaten raw, and all they need to be served with dinner is brought up to serving temperature, no cooking necessary.

I think peas are possibly the worst canned vegetable ever.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #114
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
Patting yourself on the back?? I and everyone I know smoked in public because it was always excepted. No one ever thought not to because it was not a issue.

Your shoulder should be hurting by now with all that "patting yourself on the back".
No, I wasn't. I was explaining the historic basis on how the current "mommy" government thing came about.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #115
Senior Cook

Now he's taking aim at popcorn and milk. Too much is bad for you!!!

Health panel talks about wider food ban - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines
Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #116
Head Chef

There's only so much you can do. I imagine theaters would just introduce the "Bottomless Popcorn Bucket" and raise the price. And if you're spending THAT much time at the movies, it's not the size of the popcorn bucket that's the problem.

And I guess that's it for the five-dollar shake, too. I'd like to see what they would come up with in the way of a milk drink statute. Seems you'd drive the creation of "milk-like" drinks that would be worse than the real milk drinks. Ummmm! That's good palm kernel oil.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #117
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbuter
Now he's taking aim at popcorn and milk. Too much is bad for you!!!

Health panel talks about wider food ban - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines
Not "milk" but milkshakes and coffee drinks (which can be close to 1000 calories for the large size, sugary, full fat variety). That would piss me off. When I go get an espresso drink I want the large size lol.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, skittle. you drink large espressos?

does everyone seem like they're moving in slow motion after that?

as far as mayor bloomies goes, i listened to a speech the other day and realized that he is a business man first. if it costs the city money to treat people's medical conditions, the people should be forced to change to help the bottom line.

it's simply about money to him. screw feeedom and personal rights.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #119
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, skittle. you drink large espressos?

does everyone seem like they're moving in slow motion after that?

as far as mayor bloomies goes, i listened to a speech the other day and realized that he is a business man first. if it costs the city money to treat people's medical conditions, the people should be forced to change to help the bottom line.

it's simply about money to him. screw feeedom and personal rights.
Would not be surprised if bloomers goes after buckets of beer and beer by the pitcher.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #120
Senior Cook

I'm really surprised the people in NYC are willing to put up with all the things going on there. It's a sad day when you can't even buy a common food because the mayor decides it's bad for you.

Tags
food, nyc