Indian question....stale!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimboUK

Assistant Cook
Hey all, happy to have found your thriving and friendly site, hope to stay and contribute.

Had a dodgy curry(Chicken Phall) tonight from a local restaurant which i have been going to for many years, without a problem.

But tonight i had to throw 90% of it away as it tasted like stale milk! Not sure what might have caused this, could it have been stale lard or similar?

It was possibly off Ghee (clarified butter), that can go rancid and taste like off milk. Or it might have been the gravy they used, left to stand too long.

I am not fond of British Indian curries, I find the spices often taste stale, being an Aussie I am more used to the South East Asian style of cooking curry dishes. I do try to like curries, seeing as we have a curry house almost next door!!!

Funnily enough i saw the Ghee in the kitchen. I know the guy and he invited me into the kitchen to taste my curry to see if it was the right strength. When i tasted it there it was ok. I'll have a quiet word in his ear when i next go in.

Whereabouts in the UK are you kyles? portsmouth here.

I couldn't be much further away, I am in Ramsbottom, which is about an hour away from Manchester!

Strange curry mystery!!!

Ahh manchester, the rovers return, vera duckworth and all that! I went to granada studios before it closed to the public.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom