ISO help/tips frying chicken pieces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My son will eat most anything. I am a bit of a gourmet cook, and very adventurous. He'd had escargot and squid, and most anything I could find to make before he was 7 years old, including peppers of all kinds.

None of my family are picky eaters. They couldn't be because I had them try anything and everything from the time they were alowed to start solid foods. I hope his children are the same way. I know my youngest daughter's kids will be. She is a very adventurous cook and loves most everything. She is like me in that she wants to try every technique and flavor she can find. It makes for interesting and healthy meals.

I always lived by the rule that if I've never had it, then I better give it a try, to see if I like it. And except for minty things, I like almost everything I've tasted. That also gives me and my family options. We can go anywhere and enjoy the local cuisine. It's a good thing.:punk:

Sweet potatoes - they are considered a super food from their nutritional value. You can cook them so many ways. If you find that your crew isn't crazy about them, then mash them up, add some ginger, cloves, and cinnamon, a touch of molasses, and the sweetener of your choice. They they will then taste like pumpkin pie filling. They also go well with oranges, and with salt and pepper. Y can fry them, steam them, bake them, grill them, boil and mash them, mix them into quick bread recipes, pies, or just eat them with a bit of butter, right out of the skin.

Can you tell that I really like sweet potatoes? And the darker orange they are, the better I like them.

And don't even get me started on rutabagas, or celery root. Yum. Have you ever had a pasty? We have great big discussion threads about those little beauties.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i sooo agree about sweet potatoes! probably in different cities different spices are prefer or cultures or some kind of combination.....

celery root -made salad with it (celery root, peeled apple, cucumber, mozzarella cheese, light mayo-mixed into salad), it was pain in the behind to peel it, what's the trick there?

never had/tried rutabagas, not even sure i seen it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom