ISO recipes that use corn flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betterthanabox

Senior Cook
I have a huge box of corn flakes, I really don't know what to do with them. I bought them to make fried chicken with a little while ago, and I really don't like them for cereal. How would you use up a box of corn flakes?

When I grew up my mother would put Corn Flakes in a skillet with some butter. Get the flakes covered in butter and warm and she served them over scrambled eggs.

I would either tough it out and eat them as cereal, or start thinking of things to batter with them. Maybe change how far you smash them up to give you different textures. Stick them in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs... Or feed the birds.

I'd run them through the blender to pulverize and put the cornflake crumbs in a zip type baggie to use for all those recipes you just got.:chef:

The baggie can fit almost anywhere and you can at least get rid of the box that takes up so much room.:LOL:

Good idea, Z.
Then every time you open up the cupboard you won't have that green rooster reminding you that you bought a big box of corn flakes :LOL:

You can use them in place of Rice Krispies in Rice Krispy Treats. My mom used to make them into wreaths at Christmas--color the mix dark green, add some redhots for holly berries. For Easter, make them into bird nests and fill with teeny jelly beans.

For cereals and bread, for whatever reason - crust, crumbs, lousy tasting - I just bag them in the freezer until I have enough to mix and bake for a yummy pan of bread pudding.

Here are 2 from my grandma.

Cornflake Bars

1 c white sugar
1 c white Karo syrup

Boil together for 1 min

1-1/2 c peanut butter
6 c cornflakes

melt peanut butter in sugar mix - add cornflakes and stir well to coat
spread in greased 9x13 pan
Cover with mini marshmallows and choc. chips
bake 350° for 3-4 mins to melt chips and spread evenly over top
cool and cut into squares

Corn Flake Dessert

2/3 c butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
8 cups corn flakes

melt butter, add sugar, boil for 3 mins and stir into corn flakes

Mix 2 boxes of instant pudding as directed on box. Put half the cornflakes in 9x13 pan
Pour pudding over top then top with remaining corn flakes.

You can use any flavor pudding but we like it with banana or vanilla.

Wow these are all great. I think I am going to make some muffins, and 2 kinds of cookies. I have a very large box, so that's probably not going to use them all. I hope to try some more of what you guys suggested.

Wow these are all great. I think I am going to make some muffins, and 2 kinds of cookies. I have a very large box, so that's probably not going to use them all. I hope to try some more of what you guys suggested.

Now that you have so many recipes available, you'll probably find a few favorites and will end up buying more corn flakes.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK...having grown up not far from Kellogs, and going to school with several kids whose parents worked for Kellogs, I have all sorts of recipes for corn flakes. I also have a cook book called "The Kellog's Cookbook."
Here is a favorite that I have made for years. This one is not from the book, but from my recipe box!!!:)

Harvest bars;
1. Melt in double boiler or microwave:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. karo light
1 c. peanut butter
2. Stir in 3 c. corn flakes.
3. Press into 9x13 buttered pan.
4. Top with as many chocolate chips as you want (I use a 12 oz package)
5. Put in the oven to melt the chocolate, and spread chocolate with a knife.
6. Sprinkle with nuts if you would like to.
Be sure to score these before they get too hard so they are easier to cut.

Lots of other ideas in that cookbook. I recomend it!

I like the eggs and corn flakes idea. I've seen them used a lot as crust for fried foods.

I like the eggs and corn flakes idea. I've seen them used a lot as crust for fried foods.

There was a time when you'd buy cornflake crumbs just for this purpose. I liked it a lot, but it finally got too expensive for me.

I get large boxes of cereal occasionally in the monthly Commmodities box, and bought a blender just for this purpose, to turn the big boxes of cereal into something I could use.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom