"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
Executive Chef

4am!! I'd be sending some hard boiled eggs and a piece of bacon for breakfast. Or a scotch egg for a surprise with a little hot mustard dipping sauce. Or scrambled eggs on toast with any way that varies from the McMuffin.

My favorite lunch was Tuna sandwiches! I could eat those everyday.

Pulled Pork or pulled roast beef with a little bbq sauce in a tortilla makes a nice burrito, put in a little coleslaw well drained. and can be eaten cold.

Surprise him with A Hershey's Kiss

Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I would definitely suggest getting a vacuum bottle and sending soup with him. It would be a nice change from cold food since there is no micro. The food will stay warm for a good 6 hours if the bottle is properly prepped with hot water.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

+1
Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
pasties
It's funny, but that's the very first thing that crossed my mind too.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #15
Master Chef

The fried chicken is a good idea! I would make it up as fried chicken "fingers" so when it is gone, it is gone.

Also if you do have a wide mouth thermos bottle a couple of hotdogs in boiling water will stay warm. Pack a couple of buns and some fixings on the side.

Finally when you do some of these experiments make two lunches and have one yourself as a sort of reality check to see if the new ideas are helping or hurting! I think this is especially important when you are dealing with people who tend to suffer in silence!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
Honey Badger

One day down. 4 to go.. After yesterday it's going to be a relief to get this week over and done with.

He only had time to eat a half a sammich. They ran him and everyone else all over the place. He actually had 10 minutes, ate while driving. No time for coffee.

He got home, just sat down to relax. Our sons tells us " Bye off to class" I asked him if he would mind stopping and picking up my prescriptions before class? " Sure Mom no problem" My car refused to turn over. Hubby got up gave it a jump, ran it for a while. Thought it would be ok. Our son calls from the parking lot she won't turn over. It's now at the Mechanics. If he's done anything to my hot rod Lincoln, he's going to be driving a 77 Ford Pinto! We'll be finding out soon enough..

I spent the whole day making, prepping, experimenting with different ideas. Didn't get out of the kitchen until almost 8pm.

Prime Rib sammiches are out. He wants that for dinner on his next day off.

Fried up some chickens ( might have well get our dinner made while I was at it) I was going to send him chicken breast strips. Even made a Balsamic vinegar sauce to dip them in. He ate them all last night.

Did you know you can make Cheese Burgers in a Pie Maker? More on that in the Pie Cave.. I have custody this week over the Mother ship. Figures when it needs a good wash.

All he wants is Tuna. Fine already. Today is the last day for that. Tomorrow he's getting Hot Dogs, and he will like it,no more tuna.
Thank you for the idea Bea.

Munky.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Did you know you can make Cheese Burgers in a Pie Maker? More on that in the Pie Cave.. I have custody this week over the Mother ship. Figures when it needs a good wash.

Munky.
I swear, the MS was clean when I sent it back...must have been the trip over Nevada...
Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I swear, the MS was clean when I sent it back...must have been the trip over Nevada...
Ahh, the outside wasn't too bad. What's a little space dust compared to the flour Tim tracked in?

I survived the week. Gave up the ghost of trying to feed him well for lunch this week. He just didn't have the time to eat right. He appreciated that I did try.

My son won't be driving a Pinto.. SHOOT!!!! my car is ok, 2 days in the shop with a good going over by the Mechanic came down to she hadn't been driven enough in 3 weeks. And the fact that the headlights weren't shut off didn't help the battery any.

A weeks vacation starts today... Yessss!!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Sandwiches are good, so are string cheeses, granola bars, pretzels. Anything stick like works well. I send packets of mayo with my hubby.

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Ahh, the outside wasn't too bad. What's a little space dust compared to the flour Tim tracked in?

I survived the week. Gave up the ghost of trying to feed him well for lunch this week. He just didn't have the time to eat right. He appreciated that I did try.

My son won't be driving a Pinto.. SHOOT!!!! my car is ok, 2 days in the shop with a good going over by the Mechanic came down to she hadn't been driven enough in 3 weeks. And the fact that the headlights weren't shut off didn't help the battery any.

A weeks vacation starts today... Yessss!!
Silly me, I thought your son was going to be RIDING a PINTO. Will the Roomba fit in the mothership? I don't want to have to vacuum it. I thought it came with those paper booties one wears into a surgical suite, etc...

Tags
lunch