Mexican rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, you said tomato paste, not tomato sauce. Your instructions didn't have any liquids. And a "spoon or two" of even tomato sauce probably wouldn't be enough liquid, actually. I'm not trying to be critical, just for people who may be newer cooks, your instructions can be a little confusing.

Anyway, I still think it's too much trouble if you're just going to make some for dinner. Your method would be fine for a restaurant serving gallons of it and it needs to be hot on the plate at different times throughout the night, but if you're having it for dinner, might as well finish those last 2 minutes. ;)

Yes, I guess i made a mistake. I meant sauce, not paste. And if you make it for diner, you can just undercook by couple minutes and rince under cold water really well and then throw in the frying pan. Also the reall mexican rice is done in frying pan and first fried in oil dried and then you add some chicken soup and so on and so forth. Not really sure. Toi me it is just easier my way (well the place my mom worked at). It is not the right way but it's just super simple.

Kayelle --- Made your rice tonight with a little change, i saute a small onion and a green pepper chopped up then added the rice cooked it for the min or 2 and then the cumin and tomato paste and instead of water i added chicken broth instead
came out great and is delious. thanks alot.

You're so welcome letscook....now you have "Spanish Rice".;)
I've never seen Restaurant Mexican Rice have any veggies in it, like Jules said ......
Can anyone make the rice you get in standard Mexican restaurants- sort of reddish and sort of dry? Not a lot of flavors.
Thanks
Not to say that "Spanish Rice" isn't a very good thing.:clap:

Back
Top Bottom