More trouble than it is worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nora, I saw Jacques Pepin do that on one of his shows. Whenever I freeze leftover cabbage rolls, though, they come out rubbery, so I've never tried it. Maybe next year. Merlot, it is the same dog, just Rosebud, not Buttercup (although I like that name). I'll start another line to keep us on-topic (or let this one die!)

Last edited:
I grew leaf cabbage over the winter. It doesn't ball up like regular cabbage and has very large loose leaves. Just a quick blanch in boiling water and they were ready to use. The taste was a bit different but I think that was because the leaves were just quickly blanched. I'm going to make stewed cabbage with some this week so I'll know for sure.

Dave, your icon looks like my dog. How funny.

When I lived in Florida, I'd grow various cruciferous vegetables over the winter; Brussels sprouts and brocolli were a success, cabbage actually did form a solid head, but when I went to pick it, it had big bites taken out of it. I mean it looked perfect from the outside, but when I peeled those out leaves, huge chunks were gone from the head. I called the local extension and they said I must have had a gopher turtle (and yes, we found signs of digging under the fence).

That is Ali aka "Pretty Girl".

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom