"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Need help please

Hi everyone.
So growing up my mom use to make this dish using cornbread with corn beef hash and cheese stuffed inside it. Well i would like to make it but i am clueless on how to bake it. any ideas??

nicki

Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Head Chef

Ya mean this?

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1626...248199,00.html

Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I have made this about twice. I am not a big fan of the boxed cornbread mix, but when I have used it, (very seldom) I add a couple of teaspoons of sugar and one of flour. I prefer my cornbread northern style. It takes the grittiness out of the mixture and adds a slight bit of sweetness. My kids are all middle age now, but I do remember making it for them when they were kids. Haven't thought of this dish in eons. I do remember it being a BIG hit with my husband on a Sunday morning. What man doesn't like hash? For him, I served a poached egg on top of his serving.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
yeah i guess this would be it. i tried looking a recipe up before posting this but nothing came up. thanks alot :) im so excited.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have made this about twice. I am not a big fan of the boxed cornbread mix, but when I have used it, (very seldom) I add a couple of teaspoons of sugar and one of flour. I prefer my cornbread northern style. It takes the grittiness out of the mixture and adds a slight bit of sweetness. My kids are all middle age now, but I do remember making it for them when they were kids. Haven't thought of this dish in eons. I do remember it being a BIG hit with my husband on a Sunday morning. What man doesn't like hash? For him, I served a poached egg on top of his serving.
yeah i can remember loving it. I never really thought about it until here recently. Both grandma and my mom were great cooks. my could was a single mom and could make something out of nothing when she was home and not working. I too love to cook. im no gourmet chef by any means, but everyone loves my cooking. Im always trying new things.