Philosophical question for you all...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goosander

Assistant Cook
So apparently the 'robo chef' that was announced a few years ago is coming on sale next year: Moley – The world's first robotic kitchen

It will be pretty expensive to start but eventually perhaps everyone will have one of these in their homes. At that point, do you think cooking for yourself will be less enjoyable?

In general, cooking is relaxing for me. Almost like therapy.
In addition, it also taps in to my creative side.
Now a robot that would clean up my mess after cooking, that I'd be interested in.

That being said, it would be cool to watch it do its thing, as I love technology.

Now a robot that would clean up my mess after cooking, that I'd be interested in.

That being said, it would be cool to watch it do its thing, as I love technology.

My thoughts exactly!

if we look at Robotics, they are machines, albeit very advanced machines. We already use robotics in a way. We have timers rather than watching the clock, stand mixers rather than whisks, dishwashers, crock pots, rice cookers etc. I am with Larry and PF, I enjoy the cooking, but I do love my stand mixer and dishwasher. I think technology has its place in my life, but that may not match your life. If you want them, go for it.

Put it this way: I wouldn't be on a site called "Discuss Cooking" if I didn't enjoy cooking for myself.

I am, however, all in favor of robots doing things I don't enjoy, e.g. vacuuming, dusting, window washing, etc. ;)

I don't expect to live long enough to see a robotic kitchen worthy of the name in an average person's home and don't think my grandchildren will either.

Now, if a timer or mixer is going to be called a robot then ... yawn.

Last edited:

Yeah, a robo-maid would get my attention.

And, I want to watch one go off the rails, as I love mayhem. :angel:

CD

I'm far too hyper to let a robot take over my kitchen. If I am ill or not up to it I have a far cheaper little robot called Caitlin that will help for food and a hug lol.

Back
Top Bottom