Poll - Got mustard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustard review | how many jars in yer fridge?

• No mustard in my fridge!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 container

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 2 or 3 containers, a little mustard variety is a good thing

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • 4 - 10 mustard containers. They just keep showing up...

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 11 - 25 mustard containers. Yup, I may have a problem.

• More than 25. Hi my name is ___ and I am a mustard junkie.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Earlier today I took a pic of my fridge for this thread and started wondering how I managed to get so much mustard in my fridge - all of them open

2 yellow hot dog type
1 grey poupon dijon
1 maille old style
1 giant jar of plockmans brown
1 giant crock of pommery
1 beaver
1 ingerhoffer
1 rattlesnake mountain (local)

9 containers! Seems like overkill....

How many are cluttering up your fridge?

Wow, that's a lot. :LOL: I voted 2-3. I just looked, I've got regular French's yellow, Grey Poupon Dijon, and Inglehoffer stone ground.

Last edited:
French's yellow, and Koops brown, though there may be a Hickory Farms Sweethot in there somewhere.:LOL:

But 9, wow! My wife would think I was :wacko: with that much mustard. I do have powdered mustard which I add to several sauces though. Does that count?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I feel the need to defend / explain my collection...

The duplicate yellow is from camping with friend. Somehow the extra was left at my picnic table and I took it home.

Several of the others were brought to my house by guests who also brought some delicious item for a party or potluck and some mustard to go with. The mustard just got left behind.

The pommery, plockmans and inglehoffer are all mine own doing.

Sounds reasonable....

I have 6 - no excuses - I bought them all.
Plus I have the Coleman's powdered and whole mustard seeds. So maybe that's 8.

Don't ask about vinegars!

I'm not big on mustard. I really only like Grey Poupon Dijon, but I have some
Beaver brand sweet hot mustard because Sous Chef likes it.

I can't stand the yellow stuff at all.

Not a big mustard fan. I have French's yellow, spicy brown and a container of Chinese take-out hot mustard. Colman's dry in the spice cabinet.

Plochman's yellow, Grey Poupon, and Boetje's (local). And a couple jars of mustard seed and a jar of mustard powder from Penzeys in the spice cabinet.

One can never have too many mustards, IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm not big on mustard. I really only like Grey Poupon Dijon, but I have some
Beaver brand sweet hot mustard because Sous Chef likes it.

I can't stand the yellow stuff at all.
I agree with you on the yellow stuff. Stirling likes it, so we have some.

I have seedy and smooth Dijon from Maison Orphée, a Quebec company. It's organic. The ingredients are: Water, organic mustard seeds, organic apple cider vinegar, sea salt. No xanthum gum, no sulphur dioxide, like the Maille. The Grey Poupon looks like it only has ingredients that I find acceptable, but I seldom see it, well, I don't really look for it because I really like the one I buy.

We also have black and yellow mustard seeds and Keen's Mustard Powder.

I once bought a small, expensive jar of French mustard with shallots and herbs. I was really excited to taste it. What a let down. It was made with yellow (ballpark) mustard. That was when I decided that I really don't like ballpark mustard.

2 bottle Gulden's (cause I brought mine from work home today)
Beaver Sweet and Hot
Chinese Mustard
Grey Poupon Dijon
Inglehoffer Stone Ground
Plochman's Yellow Mustard
Brown Mustard Seeds
Yellow Mustard Seeds
Coleman's Dry Mustard

...One can never have too many mustards, IMHO.
Amen, sista, you're singin' to the choir!

Janet, I see your nine and I raise you one. Unless you want to rule out that yellow pot that says "mustard". That is my own sandwich blend, but it uses a copious amount of commercial mustard. The two different stadium mustards, "The Mustard Man", and the Plochman's all come from OH. The rest were purchased locally. And like Silversage, I'm not making excuses.

I also have a tin of Colman's dry and a jar of brown seeds in the cupboard.

Attachments

• 2015-05-06 23.09.19.jpg
    2015-05-06 23.09.19.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 269
Just one - Guldens. And I am seriously considering tossing it. I never use it buy maybe once every three years or so. I do have a small container of dry mustard that I use for when I make baked mac and cheese. I know. My life is so plain and dull. :angel:

We have Yellow, Guldens brown and some sort of honey dijon.

I also have both yellow and brown mustard seeds, as well as ground yellow mustard in the spice cabinet.

I would think Canadians would have oodles of bottles of mustard in their fridge. After all they supply more than 95% of mustard seed to the world. They should be helping their economy. :angel:

I voted 4-10 but I have a few more than that because of the little guys I brought back from Paris last time I was there. Maille (sp?) Interesting flavor combinations that I haven't seen in the states. Maybe 14? For me

I only have one jar in my fridge.
It's my homemade 'Maille'. Soon time to make more. Always some for the kids too.

Generic spicy brown
Aldi's whole grain
Colman's dry mustard
McCormick yellow mustard seed

I like a large spoon of the whole grain mustard stirred into mayonnaise for a sandwich spread or thinned a little for a quick creamy salad dressing.

Safeway Kitchens.

Traditional Yellow
Spicy Brown
Dijon
Coarse Ground Dijon

Grey Poupon, Dijon (My favorite)

Zatarains, Creole Mustard

Mister Mustard

Dry Mustards.

Colmans. (My favorite)

Safeway, Ground Yellow

Spice Islands, Ground Yellow