Presentation ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
POUTINE!
1-44.jpg

Yum yum yum on the poutine! Talk about a comfort food, gravy, cheese, and fries.

In Wisconsin, curds are common food, eaten fresh, not aged. They are sold at the gas station/mini marts, grocery stores, cheese factories, and deep fried at the fairs.

If you haven't tried them, then you are in for a satisfying treat.

Yum yum yum on the poutine! Talk about a comfort food, gravy, cheese, and fries.

In Wisconsin, curds are common food, eaten fresh, not aged. They are sold at the gas station/mini marts, grocery stores, cheese factories, and deep fried at the fairs.

If you haven't tried them, then you are in for a satisfying treat.

I was going to mention poutine and then realized they are more a "to order" dish that should be served piping hot. Especially the fries, they need to be crispy and not soggy from sitting around. Not something that fits with with your plans, unless you want to server a small ramekin size portion "to order". :ohmy:

No pictures, so sorry. They were a great hit, lots of compliments. They essentially ate everything!

I'll paint a pictures with words. I have two rectangular jute/wood/handled baskets that fit 2 of my 9x13 glass casserole dishes. The dark colors of the dishes --one a brown and one a purple, set off the food beautifully. (as someone mentioned how color can impact the presentation) I had one with strawberries with their green tops off to one side and the white cheddar curds on the other. The other was green and red grapes left in small bunches along side the yellow cheddar curds. The hosts of the reunion provided iced up tables to place it all on.

We sent along 2 more bags of 2.5 lbs of curds, one for DH's son and one for DH's daughter. They both have families so everyone was happy.

DH was thanking me again last night for all the good ideas on presentation and I gave you all the credit!! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom