Shot Down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
No, I am not talking about the loss at Fed-Ex Field.
I am referring to my idea of making Klingon Skull Stew with Tripe from page 232 of the Star Trek cook book. I would post a link to the recipe but I can't find one.
Mrs Hoot's answer was an unequivocal "NO!"

Well she's no fun !!!! Oh ... I know ... tell her it tastes like chicken :LOL:

Did I just read "the Star Trek cookbook"? :huh:
What a franchise. I love Star Trek and wouldn't have thought they would have a cookbook. Whatever happened to eating different colored geometric figures? :LOL:

I never figured this part out. Mebbe that's why we is both single again. Why is it when 2 people vote, one vote counts more than the other.:rolleyes:

The day is still young. Show Mrs Hoot this, she might change her mind.

Skull stew - Klingon Encyclopedia
Well.....She still said no, but it's ok....she said I could make it next time she goes to visit her sister in Norfolk. :LOL:

Errrrrrmmmmm. It looks very good, but I think it could need a garnish of parsley and perhaps some black cracked pepper over it.

I am not certain of the presentation, however. You could not find a skull with the metal braces on the teeth? If this is the highlight entree, it seems to need more character of it.

I say this is a very nice start.

Your friend,
~Cat

Last edited:
It's a good thing you weren't trying to introduce your spouse to gokh! :) That's apparently the Klingon equivalent of sashimi (raw fish) except the gokhs are alive when they eat them. Mmmmmm... Must be good! :)

Gokh eventually stops moving somewhere along the small intestine.

This is not too bad for a race who likes to fart in airlocks.

Your friend,
~Cat

Gokh eventually stops moving somewhere along the small intestine.

This is not too bad for a race who likes to fart in airlocks.

Not to argue with your logic, but in airlocks one usually wears a vacuum suit which means any farts will be confined to one's individual suit.

When you emerge into 1 atmosphere the green fumes coming out of your helmet will give you away...

And if you're going the other way, 1 atmosphere to vacuum, then fart all you like! :-p

Hoot, be'nal SoH meqtaHbogh be'.

That's Klingon for - Hoot, your wife is a sensible woman. :alien:

Not to argue with your logic, but in airlocks one usually wears a vacuum suit which means any farts will be confined to one's individual suit.

When you emerge into 1 atmosphere the green fumes coming out of your helmet will give you away...

And if you're going the other way, 1 atmosphere to vacuum, then fart all you like! :-p

Green fumes are possibly an indication of something has gone badly wrong!:LOL:

Your friend,
~Cat

Hoot, be'nal SoH meqtaHbogh be'.

That's Klingon for - Hoot, your wife is a sensible woman. :alien:
Thanks!
You are correct. It's one of the many reasons I married her.
She is just a trifle leery of dishes made with skulls and tripe, among other things. :LOL:
One of these days, I reckon I gotta learn some Klingon.

Back
Top Bottom