"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to RavenWhite Send a message via MSN to RavenWhite Send a message via Yahoo to RavenWhite
So, How does this Bento Box Lunch sound to you?

Its going to be all fruit. Well mostly anyways.

Mini PB and J sandwiches (Most likely about 4 of them.) Mixed fruits such as fresh strawberries,kiwi,banana,peaches. And some Fruit Salad for like a mini dessert.

Do you think I should add more to it? Or change something? I'd love suggestions and comments or anything really.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sounds very good, if that's what you like.

Personally, I would HAVE to have something savory in amongst the sweet!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to RavenWhite Send a message via MSN to RavenWhite Send a message via Yahoo to RavenWhite
Haha most people would so I understand. :P I have like a weeks worth of bento lunches planned out for myself. That's the fruit day one. I have a vegetable one too.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Head Chef

maybe some cheese. if you're stuck on fruit, a crisp and tart apple would add a different texture and taste to your bento meal - like a New Zealand Braeburn.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Head Chef

are you going to be cutting up the bananas or peaches. some fruit deteriorate rapidly after cutting.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWhite View Post
Its going to be all fruit. Well mostly anyways.

Mini PB and J sandwiches (Most likely about 4 of them.) Mixed fruits such as fresh strawberries,kiwi,banana,peaches. And some Fruit Salad for like a mini dessert.

Do you think I should add more to it? Or change something? I'd love suggestions and comments or anything really.
They both sound like fruit salads. Perhaps you can do something to make them different? (Of course, I have no suggestions to help, so it's easy for me to say, huh?) We do bento a lot here. I look to put a starch, fruit, vegetable, and dairy in the bento for my dd for her school lunches. I realize that's not your goal here, but it made me think about the fact that I like to keep them pretty, so I think about color combinations (and more color is healthy). Perhaps if you want to concentrate on fruit, you can think about color combinations?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Well I will be slicing the bananas peaches and strawberries along with kiwi. And the fruit salad is different from the sliced fruits. It has cottage cheese and apples in it. And a apple crisp sounds good. Also, I will be eating it instantly. :) I just want to make a pretty bento haha.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Sounds good to me. I would prolly add some crackers I guess..

Tags
bento, box, fruit, lunch, sandwich