Super Bowl Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Apparently Taxy and I didn't! I was envisioning some sort of corn dog...

Yeah, I've heard it called barley pop before, but never wobbly pop.

Just sitting here watching the game with 3 minutes left in the half. Seems like a lopsided snooze fest so far, with the MVP not looking particularly MVP-ish.

We're munching on pizza and wings, all homemade. I put a bit of Tabasco sauce in the batter for the wings to put in the kick, and we're dipping these into Ranch dressing and honey and mustard sauce. Carl and Laki like the honey and mustard, DA, Gwen, DAB, and I like Ranch.

We're in the Bilge watching the game on that huge TV Papa bought me.

Go Seahawks!!

No cable or dish at my house, either. I do have an antenna on the roof, though. And the picture looks even better than it did when I used to have cable. :)

I have heard this before. I guess the digital format makes for much better terrestrial TV watching?
I don't know as i have had DirectV for almost 15 years now.
I could never go back to air over channels again. I am spoiled.

Just sitting here watching the game with 3 minutes left in the half. Seems like a lopsided snooze fest so far, with the MVP not looking particularly MVP-ish.

Worst super bowl in history. In my life for sure.
Well at least we got to spend time with my neighbor and our friends.

I have heard this before. I guess the digital format makes for much better terrestrial TV watching?
I don't know as i have had DirectV for almost 15 years now.
I could never go back to air over channels again. I am spoiled.
From what I understand, many of the large cable providers "dumb down" some of the 1080i signals to 720 or 480 to reduce bandwidth. I don't know if it's the same with satellite or not.

I am spoiled as well. Last April we replaced all of the cable boxes in our house with micro-computers running Windows Media Center. So not only do we receive the local over-the-air channels in full HD but, with the addition of PlayOn TV server, we get a lot of cable television programs, too. And when we are bored with television shows, we can also watch internet content, our entire movie and music collection, or even view family photos on any television in the house.

The best thing of all is that I've saved about $120 a month.

Last edited:
I liked the SB. I don't mind seeing a blowout though. And all the ways Seattle scored... unheard of before. I though it was exciting the way the underdogs had their way with Denver's "high powered" offense. I imagine any other AFC team would have met a similar outcome.

Me too Pac! It's proven, defense beats offense. Nothing should be taken away from the Seahawks. They were phenomenal. Denver played well, nothing should be taken away from them either,
they just couldn't beat the defense. IMHO,It was a great Super Bowl, only thing that could have made it better would have been if Denver had 1 more touchdown. I felt a little bad for them:(

Yay Seahawks!

Last edited:
In my mind, I thought Denver would win, but I still bet $10 to Gwen that the Seahawks would win. She was for the Broncos.

I feel so bad that the Broncos took such a bad beating. This was almost hurtful to watch.

I took Gwen's $10 and went to the dollar store, and I used her money to buy things she likes. I got her many things, and she was so very surprised! I bought many scrapbook things, some pretty yarn, and a car window brush and scraper because her scraper had broken.

I told her that this way, we both win, and she loves everything!

She said she won the most, for she said this after that, "I know you love me, Catina, and I love you too."

Hugs are the best! Ha!

Me too Pac! It's proven, defense beats offense. Nothing should be taken away from the Seahawks. They were phenomenal. Denver played well, nothing should be taken away from them either,
they just couldn't beat the defense. IMHO,It was a great Super Bowl, only thing that could have made it better would have been if Denver had 1 more touchdown. I felt a little bad for them:(

Yay Seahawks!

Denver played a lousy game. They were outmatched in every phase, and in every match up. They were poorly prepared and they did not show the anywhere near the same level of "want" that the Seahawks did.

It was only a great game if you are a Seahawks fan. From a third party point of view it was a horrible game. Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.

Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.
Funny... that's exactly what I thought. It reminded me a lot of that game.

It's very disappointing to one's own team knocked out of the playoffs. The consolation prize is to at least be able to enjoy a competitive championship game between the "best of the best". This year's Super Bowl was like watching a mismatched college game.

Last edited:
From what I understand, many of the large cable providers "dumb down" some of the 1080i signals to 720 or 480 to reduce bandwidth. I don't know if it's the same with satellite or not.

I am spoiled as well. Last April we replaced all of the cable boxes in our house with micro-computers running Windows Media Center. So not only do we receive the local over-the-air channels in full HD but, with the addition of PlayOn TV server, we get a lot of cable television programs, too. And when we are bored with television shows, we can also watch internet content, our entire movie and music collection, or even view family photos on any television in the house.

The best thing of all is that I've saved about $120 a month.

I could use a savings. TV has become a fairly large bill each month.
How long will it take you to recoup the cost of the "micro computers"?
Are you hard wired or wireless (wifi) connected?

I liked the SB. I don't mind seeing a blowout though. And all the ways Seattle scored... unheard of before. I though it was exciting the way the underdogs had their way with Denver's "high powered" offense. I imagine any other AFC team would have met a similar outcome.

There is no team in the NFL that could have matched what Seattle brought to this game. No team!

Yay Seahawks!

I disagree on both points. First defenses do not win games alone. Football is a team sport and Seattle brought team to this game. That is why they won.
Second, Denver flat out stunk up the place. They were not good at anything last Sunday. I wanted Denver to win, so its not personal. Just my observation from a lifetime of being a football fan.

In my mind, I thought Denver would win, but I still bet $10 to Gwen that the Seahawks would win. She was for the Broncos.

I feel so bad that the Broncos took such a bad beating. This was almost hurtful to watch.

I took Gwen's $10 and went to the dollar store, and I used her money to buy things she likes. I got her many things, and she was so very surprised! I bought many scrapbook things, some pretty yarn, and a car window brush and scraper because her scraper had broken.

I told her that this way, we both win, and she loves everything!

She said she won the most, for she said this after that, "I know you love me, Catina, and I love you too."

Hugs are the best! Ha!

Who's Gwen?

Denver played a lousy game. They were outmatched in every phase, and in every match up. They were poorly prepared and they did not show the anywhere near the same level of "want" that the Seahawks did.

It was only a great game if you are a Seahawks fan. From a third party point of view it was a horrible game. Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.

Exactly. Only a Seahawk fan could find anything positive to say about this game. The Bronco's were embarrassed and so was the NFL.
The only winners here were the Hawks.

Back
Top Bottom