Thanksgiving Celebrations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
may be you can make it by your self by the recipe bellow

Thanksgiving's a Breeze Seabreezes

Ingredients

* 1 cup orange juice
* 1 cup cranberry juice
* 1 cup vodka
* Mint sprigs, for garnish

Directions

Mix all in a chilled pitcher filled with ice. Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with mint. If desired, place a dollop of leftover cranberry sauce in the bottom of each glass before filling with Seabreeze mixture.

thanksgivingmenus.jpg

When I was single, and working for the country club, I had to work Thanksgiving. We would put on an impressive spread for about 200 people. Once I got out from work, I would either go to my parent's, or my sister's, and enjoy a quiet evening meal with them. Of course, I was given lots of leftovers to eat at home.

When I moved up north to MI, the first Thanksgiving there, I had off, and my MIL insisted on cooking. She cooked all day long. I don't remember all the sides. That following Christmas, I cooked, and put out more dishes than she did, in only 4 hours, using the same equipment. I think I ticked her off.

After that, I started working for a country club in MI. Again, I had to work. So, my other half and my MIL would cook Thanksgiving dinner.

Now that I'm back down in OK, I'm again working at the country I worked at before, and again, I have to work Thanksgiving. It's basically understood in my family that I have to work, and now that I have kids of my own, we generally won't be getting around much to see relatives, although we will call.

There is a bit of culture-shock between me and my other half. I expect a roasted Turkey, mashed taters, turkey gravy, cornbread dressing, maybe some long-grain-and-wild rice mix, green beans (NOT the casserole), maybe some corn, rolls, and the obligatory pies, usually pumpkin and pecan. Peppa, my other half, expects a turkey stuffed with bread stuffing (which I refuse to touch, as it's cooked inside the bird), mashed taters, green beans with cream of mushroom soup mix in (but not the casserole), turkey gravy, and I forget what else. She usually BUYS a couple apple and a couple pumpkin pies, and maybe a couple cherry pies as well. I prefer to make mine from scratch.

We don't decorate the house or the table with a centerpiece or anything. The kids would destroy it in a few hours anyway.

PeppA and my MIL will watch football. I usually bury my head in the internet or go find a good book, as I can't stand, nor will I support, pro sports.

Forgot to add: I prefer to make a cranberry sauce or chutney from scratch. The rest of the family wants that junky canned goo.

Back
Top Bottom