Trader Joe's - Whole Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At checkout, there is a bagger for every single one. There is a bagger when it is slow, whose main job is to wheel your full cart out to your car. And he also helps you unload it into your car.

you find me a store where the bagger also comes home with you, schleps the groceries into the house, and puts them away in the pantry and refrigerator and I will shop there all the time. For me that is the worst part of grocery shopping.

I like shopping at Aldi partly because I get to bag my own groceries. Mind you I shop later in the day (mid-afternoon) so I'm getting the high school kids who bag, but they'll put my carefully chosen tomatoes on the bottom of the bag, or my soft rolls in with potatoes that like to cuddle up to them and form nice dents. Argh! Inevitably, I end up re-packing as soon as I leave the register area.

'''At checkout, there is a bagger for every single one. There is a bagger when it is slow, whose main job is to wheel your full cart out to your car. And he also helps you unload it into your car...
I've never seen that service at my Market Basket. Then again, I don't see many shoppers in your age range shopping at my MB. It might be an area thing.

I really miss my Buehlers store back home. When they bagged your groceries at the register, they would put them into plastic tubs - two bags per tub. The tubs were numbered, and the bagger gave you large, plastic cards with the same number printed on them. You went to your car, drove under the pick-up canopy, and handed the cards to the outside bagger. He/she would retrieve your tub(s), and put your bags into the trunk, back seat - wherever you wanted the placed. I've never seen any store up here in with the same service. I really liked that service...

When I was a kid, one of the local market chains used to do the bins delivered to your car. I haven't seen that in 60 years around here.

When we do grocery shopping we bring reusable bags and SO hovers over the bagger and directs his every action. She constantly reminds them not to make the bags too heavy even though I've told her it doesn't't matter to me how heavy they are as I carry more than one at a time.

Our neighbor is an 82 year old widow.. She shops every Thursday (I don't think she should be driving) and I look for her to get home so I can bring in her groceries.. I am amazed with how heavy her bags are.. When we shop I load the bags evenly.. I'm surprised that her stores don't use more care, considering she is tiny and frail..

Ross

you find me a store where the bagger also comes home with you, schleps the groceries into the house, and puts them away in the pantry and refrigerator and I will shop there all the time. For me that is the worst part of grocery shopping.

Than you want my son Spike. He unloads the car, brings everything right upstairs to my apartment and puts all the food away. In the right place. I have the most difficult job of all. "GO SIT DOWN AND WATCH TV. GET OUT OF MY WAY!" He can yell all he wants to as long as he is doing all the work. So that's just what I do. A quick "thank you son" and he is gone. But he doesn't have to yell at me anymore to get out of his way. I got the message the first couple of times he did that. I hold the door open while he brings in the carriage. And then I sit down real fast. I also hold the door when he is leaving with the cart and saves me a trip downstairs with it. The hardest part of shopping for me, is putting the items in my cart.

When I was a kid, one of the local market chains used to do the bins delivered to your car. I haven't seen that in 60 years around here.

When we do grocery shopping we bring reusable bags and SO hovers over the bagger and directs his every action. She constantly reminds them not to make the bags too heavy even though I've told her it doesn't't matter to me how heavy they are as I carry more than one at a time.

I usually walk to the grocery store, about 1 mile, with a backpack and a large tote bag and tell the cashier or bagger, if there is one, to put the groceries into a cart unbagged. When the cashier and I are finished, I load the pack and tote to protect the groceries and my back.

Was in the local Whole Foods neighborhood a few days ago. Was going to go in but decided to give them more time to make their changes. I'm a prime member and an occasional prime pantry user. There are good buys but you have to be careful to avoid paying too much, sometimes way too much. I expect Whole Foods will end up the same way.

Back
Top Bottom