"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Looks like space is clearly in the lead. That's probably why renovating kitchens is such a lucrative project. You tend to put money where you notice it the most.
I'd gladly deal with a smaller other rooms to have a bigger kitchen. Then again, if I had more space to make all the food I wanted too, I'm sure I'd want more space to fit people to eat it!

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #32
Master Chef

For me it is that there are a lot of dishes I'd like to make (that I know how to do) and a lot I'd like to experiment with. BUT ... there are only two of us. Oh, I can put together a dinner party quite easily, and I have a couple of shut-in friends who I bring meals to. But I don't have a large freezer any more. The dinner parties? I love to have people over, but cleaning before and after is a pain. Actually, cleaning after isn't a big deal, even w/o a dishwasher, we simply take turns doing a sinkful here and there.

Summer can be a frustration because my kitchen is not air conditioned. It really isn't THAT big of a deal, cooking out and salads work well.

Small kitchens aren't as bad as they seem when you've had both large and small. Believe it or not, unless you're someone who has to have the very latest in modern conveniences, sometimes small has its points. Especially if you are handicapped (I'm not, but have had many friends over the years with issues). I cooked in a camper trailer (not a mobile home, not a fancy RV) for three years and it really wasn't all that bad.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #33
Senior Cook

Monotony - making the same stuff over and over again. Not having enough time to really cook - so I make the same stuff, over and over again.

Welcome to DC, you'll like it here.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #34
Executive Chef

dishes
Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
Master Chef

working w/ doughs, baking. too technical & allows for less creativy & tweaking room.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksteven View Post
If salt more over than demand in the recipesí!
That's an easy fix. Make Ina Garten recipes!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #37
Cook

Love exploring and experimenting with new recipes but it's difficult being married to a picky eater.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 AM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Space here, too.
Oh, and baking. I can't stand getting flour everywhere. If I had more space though, that frustration would be eliminated.

that just means you need glasses, lol.

for me it's time. as in not enough of it to do what i like, which is to cook. i can't imagine how nice it is to wake up, shop for fresh ingredients, prep things, then produce either a tnt dish, or an experiment, or something in between.

but i have to put on a dirty jumpsuit, climb into the machine, and be flogged while i make tvs glow.

ok, that's a bit of license, but you know what i mean.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #39
Cook

Time for me too. I love cooking and I really like trying out new recipes/ideas but seems I am always in a pinch for time.

I am with you that it would be so nice to get up and go shopping and spend the day cooking.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #40
Executive Chef

It's the time issue for me too! Our weeknight meals are usually mundane. No time to shop for fresh or even dream up something creative. Weekends are a little better, but they are usually jamb packed too! Once I free myself from this tiny cubicle I have great aspirations! Just hope I am not "too pooped to pop"! ;-)

Tags
cooking