What temp to cook Pork Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DQ,
this sounds perfect and exactly about the amount of time I have, but I do not have a DO, what can I substitute?

Use any heavy pot with a lid. You can use a deep skillet as long as it has a lid because this needs to braise with liquid. If all else fails, just cover completely with a couple thicknesses of aluminum foil. Be sure whatever you use, the handle is oven safe.

L2C

I was going to post that I have had great success with a DO as well. Keeping it covered for the first couple hours then at the very end uncovering and raising the heat to crust up the skin.

I usually brown first then make a 'rack' of thick slice onion & other veggies. Place the roast in the middle and surround with potatoes if there is room put a cup or so of liquid (stock/apple juice whatever) in the bottom.

I use my Cast Iron DO

You cant quite replicate the heat properties of a CI DO but an oven safe pot like a 6qt stock or a large corning-ware or pyrex vessel basically anything oven safe with a cover that you can fit that sucker in.

If you have a chance pick yourself up a DO. They do some wonderful stuff for low-slow cooking. You can spend a serious buck on a LeCreuset but you can get a knockoff pretty cheaply... or a big ol raw cast iron one even cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom