What would you fix .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire believe it or not, I had a situation like that and had 2 hours to fix a nice meal for a few people who dropped by. It was my husband's boss and a few others.

I always keep a packet of frozen raw shrimps in my freezer. I also try and keep a fajita beef packet (they are seasoned and completely cooked and I buy at Costco).

I ended up making two types of curries. One just some beef (fajita one) that was stir fried with onions and peppers and big chunks of tomatoes and the other was a coconut curry with shrimp.

I had some frozen parathas in the my freezer and I made some white rice with it.

We are a strictly non-alcohol family so they missed the wine but I made some mango lassi with plain yogurt and canned alfonso pulp from my pantry. They did not miss the wine or alcohol :rolleyes: or atleast they said that to me.

Finally for dessert I used a Royal Flan mix. I cooked it with some evaporated milk. Used the caramel sauce to coat a pyrex pie dish. Poured the boiled flan mix and zapped it in the refrigerator (took tops 15 minutes to make).

Another quick meal for me that I can make relatively quickly is enchilada's since I mostly always have ingredients handy for it.

Back
Top Bottom