My new Magic Bullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ardchoille

Senior Cook
My old blender finally died on me and I was looking to replace it. I don't have the funds for an expensive blender and I happened to see this while I was out looking around. It's called a Magic Bullet and it was part of a 21 piece set for only $40.00 USD. After reading the box, and texting a friend, I decided to give it a try.

This thing is powerful, it even made quick work of several large ice cubes without skipping a beat! I'm quite happy with it thus far and look forward to seeing what I can do with it. It even included a recipe book :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 264
I've heard good things about the Magic Bullet. Enjoy!

I have too Dawg. An like he stated, it was not expensive and came with parts. Sounds like he got himself a dang good deal.

Good luck with your new toy. Happy cooking with it. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one and it is very handy. I use it, among other things, to grind spices. Just be forewarned, it will dull the container, so I always use the same one. It's cool that it has multiple containers. You can use it to grind coffee, but I prefer a burr grinder for coffee.

I have one and it is very handy. I use it, among other things, to grind spices. Just be forewarned, it will dull the container, so I always use the same one. It's cool that it has multiple containers. You can use it to grind coffee, but I prefer a burr grinder for coffee.

Ah, thank you for the warning. I haven't tried grinding spices or coffee yet but I'll be sure to set one container aside for that purpose if I do. This set is the Black Edition and came with 6 containers, several lids, 2 blades and 2 straws.

This thing makes my protein-berry smoothies in seconds versus cutting, chopping and mixing everything by hand. I'm loving it!

Since-moved neighbors up the street had one. Gave it a TON of work whirring up drinks at every neighborhood gathering. Our block used to have a LOT of parties! :LOL: Still worked when they moved. Yours should serve you well.

I've heard they work well, but have too many gadgets and much less counter space since we moved. Maybe if the blender breaks.

I've heard they work well, but have too many gadgets and much less counter space since we moved. Maybe if the blender breaks.

I wish my blender would break! I think it was a wedding present 31 years ago! I'd love to have an updated one. Same with my food processor - it's 26 years old.

I wish my blender would break! I think it was a wedding present 31 years ago! I'd love to have an updated one. Same with my food processor - it's 26 years old.

Wowsers! The fact that they're still working is a testament to their quality.. I'd want to hang on to them :)

I'm still using my Mom's Oster Kitchen Center's blender and stand mixer functions. I remember that appliance in our first house in Cleveland. We moved from that house in 1957! It's old, it's a little this side of ugly, but it works. That, sadly, can't be said about a lot of today's pretty kitchen toys.

Wowsers! The fact that they're still working is a testament to their quality.. I'd want to hang on to them :)

I have a Robot Coupe Food Processor. It was made when the company was in France and hadn't spread to the U.S. It is so solid and extremely heavy. Heavier than my KA. It sits on the back on my counter and since it is so heavy, I am always hesitant to use it. I am going to let Spike have it with all the parts and blades. I have a small Sunbeam Oskar FP that I use all the time. Just the right size for a person who lives alone. :angel:

I'm still using my Mom's Oster Kitchen Center's blender and stand mixer functions. I remember that appliance in our first house in Cleveland. We moved from that house in 1957! It's old, it's a little this side of ugly, but it works. That, sadly, can't be said about a lot of today's pretty kitchen toys.

Mine is an Oster, too :)

They are good quality. The food processor is too small for my needs now, though. The bowl only holds a quart. I'd like to be able to make more than one cup of pesto at a time, for example.

Last year I decided that I wanted a bigger food processor. The one I had was bought in the '80s and might not even have held a quart. I gave that one to a friend who is single. I replaced it with a three bowl Cuisinart. The largest bowl holds 10 cups. It's even more of a nuisance to wash than the smaller one was. I'm still glad I have it. The motor is more powerful too.

Back
Top Bottom