Artichoke hearts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had them once, on an hors d'oeuvre platter at a party, filled with Heinz canned vegetable salad (aka Russian Salad - cooked mixed veg (carrots, potatoes and peas, etc.,) in salad cream. Pretty vile but I saw a certain promise and developed a home-made recipe with "good" lemon mayonnaise and freshly cooked and cooled veg and it turned out very well. Can't remember the details but it wasn't hard to invent.

I had them once, on an hors d'oeuvre platter at a party, filled with Heinz canned vegetable salad (aka Russian Salad - cooked mixed veg (carrots, potatoes and peas, etc.,) in salad cream. Pretty vile but I saw a certain promise and developed a home-made recipe with "good" lemon mayonnaise and freshly cooked and cooled veg and it turned out very well. Can't remember the details but it wasn't hard to invent.

I had to look up both Russian salad and salad cream as I have never heard of either :) It's a type of potato salad, sometimes with meat in it, and the salad cream is described as similar to a thinned Miracle Whip. Interesting.

http://salad.gourmetrecipe.com/russian-salad

we will be having artichokes for Thanksgiving my m-I-l use to always have artichokes with her dinners she would quarter them sauté them in a mix of evoo and butter, along with fresh chopped parsley, garlic and then the chokes,salt and pepper and a splash of dry white wine.
kades

I used to make something like this ages ago Larry, and I forgot all about it.
It's just fabulous. Thanks for the reminder..:chef:

Im glad you give it a positive review, because I am looking SOOOO forward to making it :chef:

The recipe originally called for spinach too, but they had taken it out in this revised version. Either way, looks and sounds great

Larry, I remember making it with split baguette breads, with much of the soft bread removed. Cut into portions it was much easier to handle as finger food rather than a standard French bread.
I'm defiantly making this again soon, and I never used spinach although it might be good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom